Jump to content

Game 1—@Nebraska Cornhuskers


Dr Z
 Share

Recommended Posts

How Scott Frost is transforming Nebraska  -by ESPN writer Mitch Sherman

 

....Frost's first set of practices in Lincoln featured the largest crowd nationally this year for a spring game and marked "the first step in a journey for us," said the 43-year-old coach, a former star Nebraska quarterback who led UCF to a 13-0 finish in 2017....

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For reference:

 

2018 Cornhusker roster

 

@HuskerFBNation

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

In its third season under head coach Terry Bowden, Akron came one game shy from winning its first MAC championship since 2005 after winning the East Division but falling to Toledo in the title game.

 

This will only be our fourth season with Bowden as our coach?! We are WAY ahead of schedule!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

In its third season under head coach Terry Bowden, Akron came one game shy from winning its first MAC championship since 2005 after winning the East Division but falling to Toledo in the title game.

 

This will only be our fourth season with Bowden as our coach?! We are WAY ahead of schedule!

Ha Ha. Stupid, lazy journalists who don't bother to fact check anything before writing their story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Fusker fans make Buckwheat fans seem humble!  They live in the past as if those great teams have any relevance to today.  I love your chances in Lincoln.  

Edited by Cykron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

 

On 5/29/2018 at 8:58 AM, Cykron said:

Fusker fans make Buckwheat fans seem humble!  They live in the past as if those great teams have any relevance to today.  I love your chances in Lincoln.  

 

Reading these articles, Cykron is dead on. I'm starting to develop a disdain for Cornhusker fans, or at least their media coverage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

$365 for the works, WOW.

Odds are you weren't staying at the Cornhusker where a room a will now set you back $500 a night.

Regarding the Zips chances in Lincoln.....

If Nebraska pulls their starters at the end of the first quarter, I believe Nebraska will not cover the spread.

Go Zips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

 

 

Reading these articles, Cykron is dead on. I'm starting to develop a disdain for Cornhusker fans, or at least their media coverage. 

Maybe you are disappointed in the article, but I feel it is what we deserve. Our pathetic last two games will color any improved expectations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

$365 for the works, WOW.

Odds are you weren't staying at the Cornhusker where a room a will now set you back $500 a night.

Regarding the Zips chances in Lincoln.....

If Nebraska pulls their starters at the end of the first quarter, I believe Nebraska will not cover the spread.

Go Zips.

That would be ~$570 in today's dollars. Stills seems like a solid deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-scott-frost-speed-cornhuskers

 

I'm not sure if this was discussed, but it appears that Frost runs an Oregon spread offense and his strategy is to differentiate from opponents with speed. He started a true freshman at UCF and may do the same with 4* QB A. Martinez with the Huskers.

 

Last year, with UCF, Frost opened up his new offense with a 61-17 win against Florida International.           

Edited by UA1987
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not sure how winnable this game is or is not but I certainly think that if the Zips were going to pick a year to play the Huskers that this would be the one that makes the most sense to try to go in and shock some people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GJGood said:

I am not sure how winnable this game is or is not but I certainly think that if the Zips were going to pick a year to play the Huskers that this would be the one that makes the most sense to try to go in and shock some people.

 

Your thinking is only one year too late.

This isn't going to be pretty. 

I just hope we don't suffer injuries that hurt us later in the season.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Captain Kangaroo changed the title to Game 1—@Nebraska Chttp://zipsnation.org/forums/topic/38000-game-1—nebraska-cornhuskers/ornhuskers
  • Captain Kangaroo changed the title to Game 1—@Nebraska Cornhuskers

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...