Game 1—@Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dr Z

10 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

I don’t know if true but I had heard Nebraska paid half with the stipulation we come back in future

I haven't heard the exact dollar amount, but Joe Dunn said the same thing about a settlement with an agreement to come back in the future on the link I shared yesterday in the candidates thread. 

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

It seems odd to me that they're requesting a future match up. Do they have issues attracting G5 programs to Lincoln or something?

I agree.  It seems odd that they are insisting that Akron come to Lincoln again.  Unless they are trying to double-dip on a payment.  Something like "we will pay you the full amount, but you have to agree to play another game."  Who can understand the mind of a Fusker?

8 minutes ago, Cykron said:

I agree.  It seems odd that they are insisting that Akron come to Lincoln again.  Unless they are trying to double-dip on a payment.  Something like "we will pay you the full amount, but you have to agree to play another game."  Who can understand the mind of a Fusker?

I believe this is exactly it. They want to get us back for a freeby 

21 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Would seem like a terrible deal for us if they have already indeed paid us 50% of the total without requiring a game.

Have the Fuskers paid 50%?  Or was that the initial anticipated settlement?  Sounds to me like nothing was going to be paid anyway until March 2019.  From the looks of it, nothing has been paid . . . and won't be paid unless you agree to a return game . . . which may mean that you eat the expenses of the cancelled game.  Darn Fuskers.  

25 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

George Thomas: University of Akron athletics facing hefty buyout numbers related to football coaching changes

This article reports Nebraska will be paying us $650,000 w/ another game to be scheduled for 2025.

So between SC, NW, and NE, U of A athletics made about $2.1mill this year.  I'm sure that made the buy out an easier pill to swallow for the University (whether you agree with Arth hire or dont) (see correct math below)

Edited by NWAkron

4 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

So between SC, NW, and NE, U of A athletics made about $2.1 mill this year.  I'm sure that made the buy out an easier pill to swallow for the University (whether you agree with Arth hire or dont)

More than $2.1 mil. I'm counting $3.15 mil. Most years we only get ~$1 mil

$1.3 mill South Carolina

$1.2 mil Northwestern

$650k Nebraska

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 7:38 AM, kreed5120 said:

More than $2.1 mil. I'm counting $3.15 mil. Most years we only get ~$1 mil

$1.3 mill South Carolina

$1.2 mil Northwestern

$650k Nebraska

Is the $650k from the Fuskers for this year's cancelled game only (and then another $1m or so in 2025)?  Or is the $650k for this year and 2025?   The latter sounds more like Fusker negotiating logic.  If you got $650k this year for the cancelled game and full price for another game in 2025, then your AD came through for you.  

Interesting that Nebraska hasn't announced anything about it that I can find.  

8 minutes ago, Cykron said:

If you got $650k this year for the cancelled game and full price for another game in 2025, then your AD came through for you.  

I can't see it working out any other way. By the time 2025 rolls around that will be a 1.5 million dollar payday.  Maybe more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cykron said:

Is the $650k from the Fuskers for this year's cancelled game only (and then another $1m or so in 2025)?  Or is the $650k for this year and 2025?   The latter sounds more like Fusker negotiating logic.  If you got $650k this year for the cancelled game and full price for another game in 2025, then your AD came through for you.  

Interesting that Nebraska hasn't announced anything about it that I can find.  

It’s $650,000 settlement for cancelled game & 1.45 mil for 2025

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 94zipgrad said:

It’s $650,000 settlement for cancelled game & 1.45 mil for 2025

Good for you.  That is much better than I was expecting, especially given the early reports that seemed like they were going to stiff you.  

• 3 years later...