Game 1—@Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dr Z

On 9/26/2018 at 6:22 PM, Zipmeister said:

Once again you demonstrate your ignorance regarding Nebraska.

Everyone there knows the N stands for nowledge.

Thanks for the clarification.  I've never heard that one.  [sarcasm indicator]

15 hours ago, NWAkron said:

It's almost Halloween.  May the ghosts of Lula Strigmyer and May Stevens continue to haunt the Cornhusker football team until Nebraska pays its debt to The University of Akron.

http://www.gendisasters.com/ohio/17345/akron-oh-buchtel-college-tragedy-dec-1890

A warning to all:

Stop, drop, and roll.

Is it too late to reach out to them to re-negotiate our contract, putting in a clause that states...

If Akron needs the game in an attempt to become bowl eligible or improve bowl eligibility (already bowl eligible but could get a better bowl with a W), Nebraska must travel to Akron to make up the game. 

• Like 2

I'm at work and twitter doesn't work right here, but Brett McMurphy just tweeted that NC State will host ECU at noon on Dec 1 if both teams are not playing in the conference championship game. I really hope we don't miss the boat on this make up game. I want a 12th game if we are not in the championship.

21 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I'm at work and twitter doesn't work right here, but Brett McMurphy just tweeted that NC State will host ECU at noon on Dec 1 if both teams are not playing in the conference championship game. I really hope we don't miss the boat on this make up game. I want a 12th game if we are not in the championship.

We will be in the championship

• Like 5

10) Scott Frost, Nebraska

The highest paid coaches in the NCAA was posted yesterday and a familiar face can be found at #10. Nice to see Nebraska is getting a fine return out of their investment :rofl:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/10/03/nick-saban-urban-meyer-jim-harbaugh-jimbo-fisher-highest-paid-football-coaches-2018

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Sergeant Zip said:

Akron still hasn't been paid per Crain's on 10/26.  Per "Cathy Bongiovi, Akron's assistant athletics director for communications, said there was "no update at this time.""  The trip cost the Zips $165,000.

I've heard from multiple sources that Nebraska's payment was originally scheduled for March 2019. So until that time I don't there's going to be much meaningful discussion on the topic. If there's no payment by next March, then things get more concerning.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...