2020 Offers

7 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

He looks better as a JUCO transfer (Averaged a double-double), but he still would have work ahead of him before he could run with the Zips. That said, he can shoot from range. He can put the ball on the floor and drive. And there is an athlete in there capable of dunking. He's not tall for a PF/C, but he is wide.

https://twitter.com/mirambeaux09/status/1106583811213660160

image.png

Wait.  Bam Bowman has a twin?

11 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Groce and Fulford must be playing 3 dimensional chess because I don't see how he fits with the program   

I mean, he seems incredibly athletic considering his build. Doesn't seem like a Big Dog type to me, outside of figure. He can shoot.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

There are some guys with that build (Charles Barley, Rerun on What's Happening) that are mobile.  He may be one of those.

It seems odd that we as a fan base that benefited from a guy like Big Dog is critical of the body type of a player, but that's how the times have changed!

18 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

There are some guys with that build (Charles Barley, Rerun on What's Happening) that are mobile.  He may be one of those.

It seems odd that we as a fan base that benefited from a guy like Big Dog is critical of the body type of a player, but that's how the times have changed!

Who are you accusing of "fat shaming?"?

53 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I mean, he seems incredibly athletic considering his build. Doesn't seem like a Big Dog type to me, outside of figure. He can shoot.

Somebody has to step into all the 3's left out there now that Riak is gone.  We need bigs and it appears this kid has been on Groce's radar for a while.  More than Big Dog he reminds me of Wood.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Who are you accusing of "fat shaming?"?

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

"We."  LOL.

He's not tall enough to be of any value anyway!

54 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Exactly.  I will wait for @akronzips71 to "weigh" in on this before I decide if this guy is worth it 

Don't worry. Once Julie Acus gets a hold of his diet for a few months he won't look like that for long. She is a big reason why the Zips are such a well conditioned team. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

@Illini Zip, where did you find his stats?

https://twitter.com/mirambeaux09

Here is Anderson's Twitter account. That is his JUCO assistant coach in the picture. He put it out. I think I read somewhere else only 9.5 RPG, but I am not going to rain on his parade. Close enough I guess.

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, akronzips71 said:

6'7" is not exactly little from where I have to look up.

Not a "big", but he has good moves for a guy that size.

Now that is settled.

We solve the coaching crisis and the "fat forward" crisis.

What's next on the agenda?

21 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Don't worry. Once Julie Acus gets a hold of his diet for a few months he won't look like that for long. She is a big reason why the Zips are such a well conditioned team. 

NO!  Let's keep our own "Big Papi"!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...