“I Love the 90’s” Tour to Kick off Akron’s 2018 Football Season

Dr Z

The “I Love the 90’s” Tour, presented by Akron Athletics and 98.1 KDD, is coming to InfoCision Stadium– Summa Field to kick off the 2018 football season on Saturday, August 25, at 7 p.m.

The four-hour concert line-up includes the following artists: Vanilla Ice, Salt N Pepa with Spinderella, Naughty by Nature, Coolio, Rob Base, and Young MC. 

Tickets will go on sale Monday, May 21, at 9 a.m. via GoZips.com/tickets or by calling or texting 888-99-AKRON, or in person at the C.P. and Cornelia S. Chima Ticket Office at InfoCision Stadium – Suma Field.

General ticket prices range from $20-$60. Prices will start at $20 for UA students who will be able to purchase up to three tickets at that price. All $20 are limited to the pit, on the field, and are available to students only. Students must purchase tickets in-person at the ticket office. Public pit tickets are available, starting at $60.

Loges and suites are also available for the concert. Please call the ticket office for options and pricing.

Parking will be the same prices as a football gameday.  Seating will be on the stadium’s west side only with a pit on the field.  Season ticket holders on the west side will occupy their gameday seats for the concert. Season tickets holders on the east side will be assigned equivalent seats on the west side for the concert.

• Like 2

Not sure why stuff like this isn't done more often. 

On a side note, half the kids in college currently are probably familiar with Vanilla Ice from his house rehab show (maybe Stepbrothers Ice Ice Baby scene, too), and Salt N Pepa from the recent commercial they were in (Push It...). Can't say I'm much different. :tomato:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Not sure why stuff like this isn't done more often. 

On a side note, half the kids in college currently are probably familiar with Vanilla Ice from his house rehab show (maybe Stepbrothers Ice Ice Baby scene, too), and Salt N Pepa from the recent commercial they were in (Push It...). Can't say I'm much different. :tomato:

My students the other day (age 16) had a lively...debate...as to wether or not Vanilla Ice truly ripped off Queen or not.  :lol:

"I Love the 90's" is the perfect theme for a season that includes playing a game in Lincoln, Nebraska!  Those fans remain arrogant as if the 90's were yesterday.  

• Haha 1