2018 full fall schedule has been released

• TennZip changed the title to 2018 full fall schedule has been released
2 hours ago, TennZip said:

http://gozips.com/news/2018/5/23/akron-mens-soccer-unveils-challenging-2018-schedule.aspx

the 2 games in Washington will be challenging.

Glad that they have some home games at the start of the season to hopefully get some momentum

Yes.  Just got the sked email from the ticket office.  Surprised and disappointed that the team won't be visiting Santa Barbara in the regular season when the College Cup is destined for Harder Stadium.  But, it's nice to be in the UW Tournament.  Not sure when the program last played in Seattle.  We did play both UW and Portland at UP in 2000.  UP roster included All-America Kelly Gray and Conor Casey (who was at the Olympics and didn't play).  Washington I recall defeated Akron 4-0, while Portland scored I think 3 first half goals, then we came back to tie them in the second half.

Someone contact Steve Zakuani!  :)

11 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

What percentage of the OOC schedule is teams that made the tourney last year? Looks to be pretty high, if I remember correctly. 

Do not rely on the press release for the answer to your question.

the press release says:

The University of Akron men's soccer team unveiled a challenging 2018 slate, one that will see the Zips face six opponents from the 2017 NCAA Tournament field sixth-year head coach Jared Embick announced today.

we know that Western Michigan made the tournament...so the press release would indicate that only 5 of the 12 conference teams made last year's NCAA tourney

the correct answer is that there are 8 teams on the zips schedule that made the 2017 NCAA tourney (7 non - conf and WMU)

Butler -yes

NC State - yes

Pitt                                  NO

Seattle - yes

Washington - yes

Connecticut                NO

Grand Canyon            NO

VCU - yes

Syracuse                    NO

Mich. State- yes

Creighton                  NO

Notre Dame - yes

I would expect both Creighton and Syracuse to be back in the NCAA this year...and Pitt has a highly rated recruiting class

also.....if you look at the press release...check out the paragraph on opening up MAC play against the Falcons...really poor press release by the soccer SID

• Sad 1

this is the very inaccurate paragraph that I am talking about:(they play at Bowling Green on October 6)

Akron opens up defense of its 2017 MAC Tournament crown on Oct. 6 at Western Michigan. The Zips edged the Falcons, 2-1, in overtime on Oct. 21, 2017 at FirstEnergy Stadium – Cub Cadet Field.

2 hours ago, TennZip said:

Do not rely on the press release for the answer to your question.

the press release says:

The University of Akron men's soccer team unveiled a challenging 2018 slate, one that will see the Zips face six opponents from the 2017 NCAA Tournament field sixth-year head coach Jared Embick announced today.

we know that Western Michigan made the tournament...so the press release would indicate that only 5 of the 12 conference teams made last year's NCAA tourney

the correct answer is that there are 8 teams on the zips schedule that made the 2017 NCAA tourney (7 non - conf and WMU)

Butler -yes

NC State - yes

Pitt                                  NO

Seattle - yes

Washington - yes

Connecticut                NO

Grand Canyon            NO

VCU - yes

Syracuse                    NO

Mich. State- yes

Creighton                  NO

Notre Dame - yes

I would expect both Creighton and Syracuse to be back in the NCAA this year...and Pitt has a highly rated recruiting class

also.....if you look at the press release...check out the paragraph on opening up MAC play against the Falcons...really poor press release by the soccer SID

I didn't read the press release, and for good reason. Look no further than the 2017 College Cup shield being used in the graphic for inaccuracies in the release. 

I was going off memory, and I guess I mixed in a few typical NCAA Tournament teams with last year's participants - Creighton, Syracuse, UCONN. 

• 1 month later...

Z.I.P. and Marc from Santa Barbara will like this change...as they will be able to see game on pac 12 network

will be good publicity for the zips...might help them  with west coast recruits

A @ZipsMSoc schedule change to pass along, the Zips' contest at Washington on Sept. 9 will now begin at 7:30 p.m. ET (4:30 p.m. PT) and will be broadcast on the Pac-12 Networks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1