Cayman Islands Hoops Classic

zippy5

25 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Why didn't Toles play today? Injury or still getting his feet under him?

Still getting his feet under him.  I was hoping he'd get in, but we had a chance to win it so it seemed Groce rode our starting 5 a bit more than usual.  I hope that doesn't come back to haunt us tomorrow & Wednesday.  I think Utomi played what, 39 minutes?  Oh, to be in my early 20's again. Lol.

41 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Why didn't Toles play today? Injury or still getting his feet under him?

He was really getting his feet under him Friday night.  Looked a little lost on offense and defense and quite rusty.  I suspect the staff just didn't think he was "ready for prime time."  I think he'll get there.  It will just take a little time. 

1 minute ago, clarkwgriswold said:

He was really getting his feet under him Friday night.  Looked a little lost on offense and defense and quite rusty.  I suspect the staff just didn't think he was "ready for prime morning time."  I think he'll get there.  It will just take a little time. 

FIFY. :wave:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Gonna be 11am per the bracket unless something has changed.

Ahhh, bummer, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning at 10:30. And I know Let'sGoZips94 wants to know this answer, I am rolling with the Zips. I am way too invested in the Zips to cheer against them. So Go Zips!! But the truth is with ISU being my alma mater I'm in a can't win, can't lose scenario. I do think the Zips take it though.

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

Ahhh, bummer, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning at 10:30. And I know Let'sGoZips94 wants to know this answer, I am rolling with the Zips. I am way too invested in the Zips to cheer against them. So Go Zips!! But the truth is with ISU being my alma mater I'm in a can't win, can't lose scenario. I do think the Zips take it though.

I was wondering the same thing. Also, there will be a replay available on the same site (for all games). I watched the 2nd half on replay due to other obligations.

4 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

Ahhh, bummer, I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning at 10:30. And I know Let'sGoZips94 wants to know this answer, I am rollin with the Zips. I am way too invested in the Zips to cheer against them. So Go Zips!! But the truth is with ISU being my alma mater I'm in a can't win, can't lose scenario. I do think the Zips take it though.

Alright, that's what I like to hear! 

Now let's talk about your avatar... 

2 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

Last game it was obvious he has some catching up to do. Just not on the same page with everyone else.

I noticed during the ChiState game that Coach did a lot of “coaching” when LePear came off the floor and it looked like that was the message Illini.

43 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

I noticed during the ChiState game that Coach did a lot of “coaching” when LePear came off the floor and it looked like that was the message Illini.

Help me understand further because I only see what the camera lets me see. Do you think LePear was being "coached" on getting back in sync with the team, not understanding his role or more of an effort / attitude issue? And was he likely sitting today because he couldn't help the team much at this point in time which is what I thought or is Groce sending him a message by sitting him? If it turns out he's still hurt, that's something different altogether. 

10 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

Help me understand further because I only see what the camera lets me see. Do you think LePear was being "coached" on getting back in sync with the team, not understanding his role or more of an effort / attitude issue? And was he likely sitting today because he couldn't help the team much at this point in time which is what I thought or is Groce sending him a message by sitting him? If it turns out he's still hurt, that's something different altogether. 

I'm pretty sure it was just to try to get him up to speed.  That's how it looked.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

Help me understand further because I only see what the camera lets me see. Do you think LePear was being "coached" on getting back in sync with the team, not understanding his role or more of an effort / attitude issue?

It was like helping him, getting back in sync, understand the plays they were running, not an attitude issue.  It was very positive, kinda reminding him of where he should have been, what set they were in, stuff like that, but the leash was short and his PT I think was more determined by in sync issues rather than fitness issues.  Just my take from where I sat.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

It was like helping him, getting back in sync, understand the plays they were running, not an attitude issue.  It was very positive, kinda reminding him of where he should have been, what set they were in, stuff like that, but the leash was short and his PT I think was more determined by in sync issues rather than fitness issues.  Just my take from where I sat.

I get it now, thanks.

Edited by Illini Zip

4 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

For what it's worth, my freezing problem stopped when I quit casting it to my tv and just watched on my laptop.

This year I have had the same problem whenever I use blue tooth to project on my tv.   I hate watching a game on the computer.  I might try to use hdmi cables to see if that will work instead of wifi.  Last year I did not have this problem.