Game 3—@Northwestern

UA1987

• Offense left points on the board  •  Still not sure about DeMarcus Lloyd's injury, but John Lako will get the start this week  •  Counted six errors in judgment by Kato on film from Saturday  •  Johah Morris had success, but run some busted routes, he has great potential at 6'4" 207 lbs  •  Freshman have four weeks to play, and we can still redshirt them, we are still figuring out how to manage that, play them early, play them late, we will watch what other teams do as well  • Freshman OL Bently, Kelly, and Fonte are going to play, we need them if a starter goes down

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In regards to the press conference, I was wondering who this Jeremiah Knight was that seemingly popped up on the depth chart out of nowhere. He turned down a scholly from Marshall to be a preferred walk on at OSU. I wonder if he ever made it there since he is apparently eligible this year? Anyways, he seems to have some sick moves but maybe lacks some top end speed. His senior rushing stats are insane. I know this isn't the thread for it but...

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-recruiting/2016/12/77932/preferred-walk-on-boom-jeremiah-knight-is-a-buckeye-2016-sr-highlights

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Jeremiah-Boogie-Knight-Gets-To-Live-Out-Dream-Of-Playing-Football-At-Ohio-State-74908430/

• Like 3

On 9/9/2018 at 3:52 AM, ZippyRulz said:

Showing on Big __ Network, no mention of ESP_.

This game is not actually being TELEVISED by BTN.  My guide shows Purdue-Mizzou starting at same time, so I suppose it has to be STREAMED?  OR, do you have multiple B1G Network stations out there (believe it or not, there are 7 (seven) Pac-12 Net stations!)?

the big ten network IS televising the zips game....they have alternate channels...for example on directv 610 is btn in addition to 610-1 610-2 610-3 etc....

Saturday, September 15th at 7:30 PM (ET) / 6:30 PM (CT)
- MISSOURI VS. PURDUE: channel 610 or 610 (HD) and BTN2Go
- NORTHERN IOWA VS. IOWA: channel 610-1 or 610-1 (HD) and BTN2Go
- AKRON VS. NORTHWESTERN: channel 610-2 or 610-2 (HD) and BTN2Go

Edited by mivid12
  • Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, Captain Kangaroo said:

'll also be flying a Zips flag. Expecting to arrive around 2:30 pm (CST

I think we will be there a little earlier.  Will try to save a spot next to us at green #2.  Look for a black & purple canopy(my son is NU grad) with a Zip flag.

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

I think we will be there a little earlier.  Will try to save a spot next to us at green #2.  Look for a black & purple canopy(my son is NU grad) with a Zip flag.

Ham, any idea on what sideline the Zips will be on this game? I saw against Duke, NU was on the "away" sideline, opposite of the press box. Seemed a little odd to me.

18 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Ham, any idea on what sideline the Zips will be on this game? I saw against Duke, NU was on the "away" sideline, opposite of the press box. Seemed a little odd to me.

I guess they can be on either sideline?

Maybe since they were on the away side last week and lost, they'll return to the home side?

Interestingly, the email to season ticket holders also noted the Northwestern Wildcats will have the ability to use either the east or west sidelines at Ryan Field for games during the 2014 season. The Wildcats will decide which sideline to use on a game-by-game basis, depending on which side offers a stronger competitive edge.

"This change will provide fans on both sides (of the stadium) the experience of being near the team during select games," said the email. Theoretically, that would be true. Of course if the Wildcats end up selecting the same sideline for every home game in 2014, not all season ticket holders may be so happy about that.

34 minutes ago, Ham said:

My son is a HS senior this year and wants to check out the campus Saturday morning. I'll keep an eye open for you around 2:30pm. Hope some other Zips fans will stop by too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mivid12 said:

the big ten network IS televising the zips game....they have alternate channels...for example on directv 610 is btn in addition to 610-1 610-2 610-3 etc....

Saturday, September 15th at 7:30 PM (ET) / 6:30 PM (CT)
- MISSOURI VS. PURDUE: channel 610 or 610 (HD) and BTN2Go
- NORTHERN IOWA VS. IOWA: channel 610-1 or 610-1 (HD) and BTN2Go
- AKRON VS. NORTHWESTERN: channel 610-2 or 610-2 (HD) and BTN2Go

I will be flipping between your game and Northern Iowa/Eastern Iowa (Iowa State is "the" state university of Iowa).  Northern Iowa is my second favorite team.  Eastern Iowa Hokeyes is my second least favorite team.  Go Zips.  :champs:   Go Panthers.  

ABJ/GT: Zips prepare for huge test as they head to Northwestern

Nice game day article.

"I think Nelson is a dynamic quarterback," Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald said.  "He makes a lot of great things happen. I think the backfield is loaded. [Running back] Van Edwards jumped out to me and I thought [wide receiver jonah] Morris jumped out at me on that tape."