Attention old folks

Zipmeister

There was a guy (I think with the first name of Andy) who back in the late 60s briefly served as the men's swimming coach.  He may also have been an assistant football coach or athletic director at some point, but I'm not certain about either of those.  I believe his office was on the west side of Memorial Hall.  Anyone with a clue as to whom I am referring?

That man was Andy Maluke, a former Zip lineman who went on to coach several sports including men's swimming as you have noted. He got his Phd in physical education. He was direct but fair, a good man. He loved Akron always wanting the best for the school regardless that we were small potatoes then.

Hope that helps from an old guy :P 

Z.I.P., it was indeed a long time ago. Our pool was at the south end of Memorial Hall and rumor was that records set there didn't count because the length wasn't officially 25 yards. But that was only a rumor. Can't help on the last year of men's swimming.

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2018 at 11:29 PM, 72 Roo said:

That man was Andy Maluke, a former Zip lineman who went on to coach several sports including men's swimming as you have noted. He got his Phd in physical education. He was direct but fair, a good man. He loved Akron always wanting the best for the school regardless that we were small potatoes then.

Hope that helps from an old guy :P 

So tell us, 72, what was the big prize you won?