2021 Offers

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bio

Triple-Double Prospects dot com presently has him ranked as the #1 SF in Ohio for '21.

As an aside, TDP.com has two more Zips' targets - STVM's Malaki Branham & Cleveland Heights' E.J. Farmer ranked as the #1 & #2 SG's in Ohio, respectively.

Edited by Blue & Gold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Blackford said:

Back in July ...I’m a huge Blackford fan ...you will love this kid you should do some searching ...great talent and great story 

I apologize.  We did know about Luke Brown.  His offer is listed on VerbalCommits dot com.

I'm busy right now but a bit latter I'll try to find and post some highlights. 

Thanks again & welcome to ZipsNation!  Go Zips!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I apologize.  We did know about Luke Brown.  His offer is listed on VerbalCommits dot com.

I'm busy right now but a bit latter I'll try to find and post some highlights. 

Thanks again & welcome to ZipsNation!  Go Zips!

This is saying my content requires moderator approval but I can certainly link you to some and provide some stat and background info for subscribers to review and digest as well as aid them in research 

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/doyel-blackford-hartford-city-ind-phenom-luke-brown-leads-state-in-scoring-lifts-community/amp

this is same writer from last year during his sophomore year 

if you google Luke Brown Blackford basketball you’ll get pretty much endless Material ...he has a super impressive 8th grade video on YouTube ( yes I realize it’s funny to say that ) but watch it and you’ll see what I mean it’s like he Was just born with a sixth sense for court awareness ....if anyone has any interest let me know and I’ll post some unique stats and accomplishments to date ....also Blackford sports network on YouTube has archived most Blackford games 

No problem ...in addition to the kind of Disney like Movie script  story ...the kid is a flat out gamer.  Blackford has not been blessed with many solid players but I’ve been lucky enough to get to see several high school  players who have gone on to successful college or pro careers.  I’ve been especially fortunate to see two players MANY times who ended up being impact starting guards at IU and Purdue.  Luke is farther along as a junior with shooting or ball handling  and has a higher basketball iq than either of those two very talented players. He is undersized and doesn’t have “Jump off the page” athleticism so he will have challenges defending larger d1 guards  and having on to wing players.  He is extremely quick and gets lots of steals because he can anticipate plays but he will need another 15 pounds to be able to not be really taken advantage of inside the arc.  He is listed at 6’2 and he isn’t in my opinion.  He’s taller than me but not significantly my guess would be he’s a solid 6ft approaching 6’1 isn’t a crazy assessment but I’d be shocked if he was over that.  He plays in the CIC conference at Blackford who recently switched from 3A to 2A as a result of reduced enrollment  which has produced two state Champions  in the last 4 years at the 2A state level ( frankton and oak hill ) and last year their schedule last year had 7 sectional champions.  One concern is that of their 23 games 5-7 are against solid to great teams, 5ish are against extremely poor teams that don’t have business on the schedule and the others fall between those two.  He is regularly double or triple teamed for the entirety of his games and I can’t recall him having an open shot unless he created it this entire year.  He plays on INdiana Elite 2021 platinum team which was ranked nationally in the top 10 on the adidas gauntlet.  He holds his own against top level D1 competition there and leads the team in assists.  

He has an insanely long resume some interesting stats or accomplishments are as follows :

-most points scored by a freshman in an Ihsaa game 

-took a Blackford team on a 1-7O streak and won 15 games as freshman even missing the final 8 games of the year with injury 

-as a freshman he was the only player in the entire stare of any class level out of over 400 schools to have a 50/40/90

shooting percentage line 

- 3 games of 50 or more points including 2 with 55

- only sophomore to ever lead the state of Indiana in scoring at 35 points per game 

- as a junior he is leading the state in assists by over an assist per game at 10.2 and he is one tenth of a point off the scoring lead at 32.2 per game...no player in Indiana history has lead the state in both categories 

13 hours ago, Blackford said:

He had 35 and 12 Friday and plays a solid team this Friday it would be a good one to watch if you want to get a feel for him

No offense to our new poster @Blackford, but maybe you should start a thread titled with this kid's name, and put the PR stuff there.  Okay, we get it, he has talent....how many other school's sites are you posting this info on?  We're not the ones making the scholly offers....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

No offense to our new poster @Blackford, but maybe you should start a thread titled with this kid's name, and put the PR stuff there.  Okay, we get it, he has talent....how many other school's sites are you posting this info on?  We're not the ones making the scholly offers....

Didn’t know I could make a new thread ...thought this was the right one with 2021 offers ? Sorry didn’t mean to bother you, you guys are out of state and I got to see your televised game against bsu the other night and thought you looked tough so it intrigued me how he might fit with your team as I’m a huge Blackford fan ...as such I thought you guys might not know much about him and would be excited to know some info and how he could help your team.  I’ll stop

posting info good luck with the rest of your season 

2 minutes ago, Blackford said:

Didn’t know I could make a new thread ...thought this was the right one with 2021 offers ? Sorry didn’t mean to bother you, you guys are out of state and I got to see your televised game against bsu the other night and thought you looked tough so it intrigued me how he might fit with your team as I’m a huge Blackford fan ...as such I thought you guys might not know much about him and would be excited to know some info and how he could help your team.  I’ll stop

Don't know why someone wouldn't appreciate your contribution. Thank you taking the time to provide so much info regarding a Zips recruit. He seems like a heck of a baller. But 2021 is a long ways away. Hope he doesn't get too big for us in the mean time. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Don't know why someone wouldn't appreciate your contribution. Thank you taking the time to provide so much info regarding a Zips recruit. He seems like a heck of a baller. But 2021 is a long ways away. Hope he doesn't get too big for us in the mean time. ?

Thanks I appreciate it ...didn’t realize there was a spot or a spot could be made just for his information so I didn’t mean to crowd of over share 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blackford said:

Please don't take it the wrong way...it's just a little overwhelming is all, and as Capn said it's a long way off....I do like what your posting, just not in this thread....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

Good point, ZipsVoice.  @Let'sGoZips94 did us the courtesy of starting a separate Luke Brown thread transcribing all of @Blackford's information.  

• Like 1