2021 Offers

Mid-Majors with great guard play are the ones who win games in the tourney. I think its clear how Groce prefers to build his team at this point. Defensive anchors in the middle surrounded by talented, athletic players. One exception may be Taylor Currie, but his pedigree is worth it.

• Like 2

Two Top 60 guys at their respective positions in the class. Wow.

Won't be long before Groce is picked off again...

The good news is that means we'll be making noise in March. 

Two outstanding gets it looks like. The level of this program seems to be rising more and more with each commitment! Go Zips!

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 3

Kalle looks to have a shooting range of about two feet but you can't teach 6'10".  He also seems to run the floor well.  One thing that he seems to do that I love is going up strong with both hands when down deep.  I hate when guys don't go up strong around the hoop.  Guys like him should try to dunk it every time they get the ball near the hoop.

5 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Both Rutgers and UCLA offered in fall 2017; what's been happening in the mean time?

I'm not for certain, but I will take a shot at this. It's possible thanks to Covid we got a steal on Kalle. I didn't come across any flags with personality, actually he's a high-motor guy. Clark points out that 6-10" Kalle is athletic and dunks everything around the rim with authority. But I read he was looking to show prospective schools that he has been working on his shot and gained 15 pounds of muscle. There were even bigger programs than UCLA and Rutgers inquiring at some point. But with limited opportunity to showcase his growth he just might be a diamond in the rough that fell into our lap. Let's hope. Consider that his visit to Akron was a virtual visit and you realise this was not your typical process by any means.

Edit: Here is my source material. Is ScoopmanTV creditable, no clue. But the idea that late bloomers would struggle to get attention this year makes sense to me.

https://scoopmantv.com/2020/07/18/interest-in-2021-forward-sekou-sada-kalle-starting-to-pick-up/

Edited by Illini Zip

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Two Top 60 guys at their respective positions in the class. Wow.

Won't be long before Groce is picked off again...

The good news is that means we'll be making noise in March. 

Two outstanding gets it looks like. The level of this program seems to be rising more and more with each commitment! Go Zips!

Out of curiousity, where are you seeing these rankings?

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Out of curiousity, where are you seeing these rankings?

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the 247sports.com page has the rankings on them. 

2021 SG Class Rankings

2021 PF Class Rankings

Note the schools those around our guys are committed to. Higher Mid Majors and P5s. Groce is recruiting at a high level. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

I'm not for certain, but I will take a shot at this. It's possible thanks to Covid we got a steal on Kalle. I didn't come across any flags with personality, actually he's a high-motor guy. Clark points out that 6-10" Kalle is athletic and dunks everything around the rim with authority. But I read he was looking to show prospective schools that he has been working on his shot and gained 15 pounds of muscle. There were even bigger programs than UCLA and Rutgers inquiring at some point. But with limited opportunity to showcase his growth he just might be a diamond in the rough that fell into our lap. Let's hope. Consider that his visit to Akron was a virtual visit and you realise this was not your typical process by any means.

Edit: Here is my source material. Is ScoopmanTV creditable, no clue. But the idea that late bloomers would struggle to get attention this year makes sense to me.

https://scoopmantv.com/2020/07/18/interest-in-2021-forward-sekou-sada-kalle-starting-to-pick-up/

Do they even HAVE zoom in Mali?? ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Do they even HAVE zoom in Mali?? ?‍♂️

Good question. My knowledge of Africa is shamefully limited. Fortunately for us he made his way to Louisville, Kentucky. I have seen him linked to both Aspire Academy and DeSales High School. Not exactly sure how that all works, but next stop is Akron, Ohio. Giddy up!!!

Hometown: Bamako (Capital), Mali, West Africa

Edited by Illini Zip
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Kalle looks to have a shooting range of about two feet but you can't teach 6'10".  He also seems to run the floor well.  One thing that he seems to do that I love is going up strong with both hands when down deep.  I hate when guys don't go up strong around the hoop.  Guys like him should try to dunk it every time they get the ball near the hoop.

Looks like an athletic 6'10".

Has a nice reverse layup.

I like what I see. The highlights are almost all dunks, but he looks to have a nice stroke as well.

• Like 1