Walter Brady [NFL Browns]

LZIp

Wow, if he comes to play he will help us no doubt. I just hope TB has a clear understanding with him and he does not become a cancer in the locker room. We need guys with team first attitudes. 

10 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Seems very similar to the Logan Tuley-Tillman senior story. 

Hey now, the LTT story ended with him transferring to a G5 team that went 0-12. I think those days are behind us for good :)

I like Reinke's story (local guy, hard worker, good character, former walk on), but he is pretty much just a guy. I see no reason Brady can't come in and beat him out. At the very worst he is a depth piece, which is also needed. Brady was a freshman all-american at Mizzou, and put up the same sack numbers that year as future first round pick Charles Harris. From my reading, MTSU switched to a 3-4 after he got there, away from the 4-3 he played at Mizzou. He also had some injury issues last year. I hope and think he brings a good attitude and can stay healthy. Its literally his last opportunity to impress scouts and get a shot at the league. Him and Davis could be terrors on the ends this year in the conference. TB has a good track record of taking on these types.

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

I like Reinke's story (local guy, hard worker, good character, former walk on), but he is pretty much just a guy. I see no reason Brady can't come in and beat him out. 

I have never seen Brady play before, but I would be slightly surprised to see him "beat out" a guy that knows the defense as well as Brian does. I'll get a real answer soon, but I'm guessing that Brady will be in a rotation. Just not sure what position(s) that may be. For him to come in and be a starter would really speak to his skill set and knowledge of the game. The way Davis finished the season, I expect a big year from him. The guy that started the season was far from the player that he developed into. He should be playing as much as possible. Getting to the QB is one of the most important things every team desires to do. If healthy, it sounds as though Walter should help that effort. 

Hear him tell his story. He says he's 6'3" and 265 right now. He says "I can play heavy or play light, hand in the dirt, or stand up. I'm versatile."

• Like 1

• Dr Z changed the title to Walter Brady (Grad Transfer)

Some good points Here. I see Brady fitting in a rotation. He will make Davis and Reinke up their games, of which they are capable. We will be able to keep our DE's fresh and have their motors running the whole game. I see them bringing big time pressure. Any opponent who thinks this edition of D is like last year's is in for a rude awakening. 

Interesting.  Hope he works out well for you.  My sense is that late transfers can be pretty unsettling for the team, but lots of that depends on the personality of the player and whether he is in good shape when he comes.  

• Dr Z changed the title to Walter Brady [Browns]
  • Dr Z changed the title to Walter Brady [NFL Browns]