First exhibition game - Denver

Denver 1-0 win...I didn't stick around for the "extra" 30min after the game. Tough to draw anything from the match.  Looked like a team of strangers that may need some time to gel. Little time spent in the offensive third.  I was hoping one of the newcomers would leave me saying "wow" and wanting more, but that did not happen.  Hoping CSU game gives me something to work with.  Beautiful weather, so this guy not complaining!

• Thanks 1

Akron scored in the 30 minutes of extra time but not sure if there were any more goals. I also left a little earlier than the scheduled 120 minutes.  I think Egbo will have a big year and Brios will play well as well.  There will definitely be a learning curve but the individual talent is there.  Hopefully the team will gel asap.  

• Like 1

Yes, currently the 2018 Zips look like a group of talented young men but not yet a team who know each other. I saw players among the "starters", the 2nd team, and the third team, who could contribute to the starting lineup or be first off the bench. Unfortunately, we did not see the beautiful game to which we are accustomed, but I know our players and coaches will work hard to change that. Their first official practice was only a few days before this match...Wednesday, August 8th. What we saw last night is part of the process of integrating 19 new players into Akron soccer. I stayed for the entire 120 minutes. No place else I'd rather have been. I like watching the process as well as the finished product. Thanks to Akron and Denver for wanting to get the extra time and thanks to Denver for traveling here.

For the record:

Edit: Malonepioneer12, I agree with your comments about Egbo and Biros. On the 2nd team, Ivan Nikolic and Diogo Pacheco caught my attention and Braden Petno was the guy who stood out to me on the 3rd team. Congrats to Faisal Ghaffur on the lone Zips goal!

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 1

By the way, it was great to see Niko De Vera (NY Red Bull II) and Pablo Moreira (2015 MLS Cup Champion Portland Timbers FC Asst coach) among Zips alumni in attendance last night. 

• Like 2