Torrey Patton - Transferring

Akron1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/9/2021 at 8:50 PM, The Hip Zip said:

Torrey is doing a lot of good things for much improved Cleveland State this season. probably going to have a double-double tonight

That would have been a more impressive prediction if you made it before the 7:00 start.

This weekend CSU plays at Wright State with the game on ESPNU; what is the over/under on how many times the announcers mention he transferred from Akron?

5 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

That would have been a more impressive prediction if you made it before the 7:00 start.

This weekend CSU plays at Wright State with the game on ESPNU; what is the over/under on how many times the announcers mention he transferred from Akron?

It wasn't a prediction, just an observation as I was watching the game.  Regardless, he came up mighty big for the Vikes. The guy has a  certain toughness to him that seems to be lacking in our Zips

27 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Glad to see CSU is doing well this season. Maybe Dennis Gates can help turn the program into something that makes those Akron-CSU games worth watching.

With our old friend Dru as an assistant and recruiting director.

Congrats to Patton on CSU working out for him.  I don't think he'd have had that much opportunity or success with the Zips but I certainly appreciated his effort in Groce's first year. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 11:13 AM, kreed5120 said:

Glad to see CSU is doing well this season. Maybe Dennis Gates can help turn the program into something that makes those Akron-CSU games worth watching.

Even money Gates moves on to a bigger name program for next season.

On 1/15/2021 at 9:45 PM, The Hip Zip said:

CSU stamps themselves as legitimate Horizon contenders with their nice road win in Dayton. Patton had 17 pts. with 8 boards and 3 steals.

Offsetting CSUs last second two-point victory on Friday was an 85 - 49 drubbing on Saturday with Patton kicking in 12 rebounds and 2 points.

I watched some of the CSU/UWM game last night.  What a crapfest.   CSU was up 23-2 and ended up behind at the start of the 3rd quarter giving up a huge run.  UWM then didn't score in the last 7 minutes.  Some awful basketball.   Patton had 13 points and 6 rebounds.  He seems like a good kid and I appreciate how he played hard in a down year for the Zips but he'd see little or no time on the Zips as currently constructed.

Oddly, in this weird Covid year the teams play again tonight, also at CSU.  Their entire schedule is like that, playing two games in two days against the same Horizon opponent in the same arena.

14 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

...ended up behind at the start of the 3rd quarter...

3rd quarter or 2nd half?

I prefer 4 quarters to 2 halves; gives the teams an extra timeout & 2 more chances per game for fun & momentum-swinging buzzer-beaters.

P.s. I’m not trying be a smart ass, I know the NCAA was tossing around the possibility of going w/ 4 quarters & maybe this strange COVID year is giving conferences some flexibility?

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I watched some of the CSU/UWM game last night.  What a crapfest.   CSU was up 23-2 and ended up behind at the start of the 3rd quarter giving up a huge run.  UWM then didn't score in the last 7 minutes.  Some awful basketball.   Patton had 13 points and 6 rebounds.  He seems like a good kid and I appreciate how he played hard in a down year for the Zips but he'd see little or no time on the Zips as currently constructed.

Oddly, in this weird Covid year the teams play again tonight, also at CSU.  Their entire schedule is like that, playing two games in two days against the same Horizon opponent in the same arena.

Yes, but for the second game of each mini-series the visiting team gets to pretend they are the home team wearing their home uniforms while the host team wears their away uniforms. Somebody must have had a really good reason to decide that's the way they were going to do this, but the only possibility I can think of is so the teams don't have to play in uniforms that stink right from the start of the second game.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

3rd quarter or 2nd half?

I prefer 4 quarters to 2 halves; gives the teams an extra timeout & 2 more chances per game for fun & momentum-swinging buzzer-beaters.

P.s. I’m not trying be a smart ass, I know the NCAA was tossing around the possibility of going w/ 4 quarters & maybe this strange COVID year is giving conferences some flexibility?

Second half.  Brain fart by Clarkie!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...