Sign in to follow this  
GJGood

ESPN3 vs ESPN+

On 1/29/2019 at 9:00 AM, Dr Z said:

For members still on the fence about espn+, anybody not happy with their subscription? I like it and recommend. Good content, well organized. 

I'm not happy.  I don't feel like I got anything in addition to what I already had with my Subscription to ESPN/ESPN3 last year.  Two subscriptions for the same amount of stuff I had last year.

Edited by Balsy

56 minutes ago, Balsy said:

I'm not happy.  I don't feel like I got anything in addition to what I already had with my Subscription to ESPN/ESPN3 last year.  Two subscriptions for the same amount of stuff I had last year.

They added tons of new content that wasn't on ESPN3 (MMA, MLS Live, Serie A, Kobe & Peyton Manning player breakdowns, exclusive shows & full 30 for library, other misc sports etc.). This might not be stuff that interests you, but there is no doubt that ESPN+ has way more content than ESPN3 ever had.

Edited by kreed5120

4 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

They added tons of new content that wasn't on ESPN3 (MMA, MLS Live, Serie A, Kobe & Peyton Manning player breakdowns, exclusive shows & full 30 for library, other misc sports etc.). This might not be stuff that interests you, but there is no doubt that ESPN+ has way more content than ESPN3 ever had.

I don't want/care about that content.  I want the content I was getting, for the same package that I already had.  Not buy two packages to get to keep the crap I used to have.  It's just a big middle-finger to the consumer.  If I really gave a rat's ass about those other things...I'd sign up for them.  I don't.  But am forced to just to get to watch Akron football games.  It's an absolutely joke.

Edited by Balsy

8 minutes ago, Balsy said:

I don't want/care about that content.  I want the content I was getting, for the same package that I already had.  Not buy two packages to get to keep the crap I used to have.  It's just a big middle-finger to the consumer.  If I really gave a rat's ass about those other things...I'd sign up for them.  I don't.  But am forced to just to get to watch Akron football games.  It's an absolutely joke.

Have you considered cutting the cord? I am paying more than before, but I also wasn't paying anything before (mooching off of another cable login), so it is tough to complain too much.  I've finally gave in over basketball season, but the plan is to cancel as soon as its over and then re-up as needed come football season. 

Edited by LZIp

2 hours ago, Balsy said:

To each their own. I cut the cord two years ago. Like LZlp I have other means to watch what I want on TV without paying for an expensive cable package. I however didn't have the ability to watch ESPN3 stuff. Watching Akron games wasn't worth me paying $80/mo. It's well worth $5/mo to me.

18 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

To each their own. I cut the cord two years ago. Like LZlp I have other means to watch what I want on TV without paying for an expensive cable package. I however didn't have the ability to watch ESPN3 stuff. Watching Akron games wasn't worth me paying $80/mo. It's well worth $5/mo to me.

I cut the cord as well.  You could get ESPN 1/2/3 as part of a $20/month package that you can cancel at any time.  That was worth it for me.  Now that I no longer get Akron games via that subscription, I'm screwed.  It's bullshit to me.

26 minutes ago, Balsy said:

I cut the cord as well.  You could get ESPN 1/2/3 as part of a $20/month package that you can cancel at any time.  That was worth it for me.  Now that I no longer get Akron games via that subscription, I'm screwed.  It's bullshit to me.

I stream the sports I want to watch for free. No point in paying $20/mo when I can get the content I want (Akron games) for $5.

Edited by kreed5120

3 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I stream the sports I want to watch for free. No point in paying $20/mo when I can get the content I want (Akron games) for $5.

I pay the $20 a month for the other channels I get with it and watch during those seasons.  So it made perfect sense to me.  The new ESPN way is to screw over it's already existing subscribers for a shameless money grab for a product that no one asked for.  

I get what you're saying though.  If this is the ONLY video product you consume it makes sense to go $5 over $20.  But when you had a video streaming product that already gave you access to the content you wanted via ESPN3 and then they take that away from you and say "buy new shiney turd" it kinda pisses some people off. 

I for one am shocked that balsy is complaining about something. The content on ESPN+ is well worth $5 a month to me, so whatev.

Edited by zippy5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2019 at 5:38 PM, zippy5 said:

I for one am shocked that balsy is complaining about something. The content on ESPN+ is well worth $5 a month to me, so whatev.

I mean it wouldn't be ZNO if I wasn't complaining about something... ;)