NCAA introduces NET. Goodbye RPI

Hilltopper

It will be interesting to see what affect this has on scheduling. On one hand, it reduces the need for P5 schools to risk an early upset because the main part of this is how you're playing at the end of the year essentially. On the other hand, do early upsets matter as much to P5 schools since it's more of a judgement on the end-of-season results?

Time will tell. I will say, I don't like the terms "predictive data" or "objective version of the so-called eye test." 

4 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I am pretty confident that all of the hard work put into this coupled with all of the complex computations and predictive data will result in the MAC getting exactly one team into the NCAA tournament.

Corrupt NCAA + Money-filled P5 Schools + More Corruption = Mid Majors getting screwed

Layman's terms version of their complex computations and predictive data. 

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Can we place bets on when Keith Dambrot first complains about the unfairness of NET?

The new system was announced two days ago, so my bet is two days ago.

If we are basing the bet on when his complaint shows up in the media, I'll go with next Monday (8/27?18).

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, LZIp said:

I just hope this means I never have to read an RPI comparison ever again on this board.

This is the winning quote of the day.  Please, no more RPI comparisons and no more break downs of how a 24-7 Zips team that didn't win the MAC Tourney can get an at large bid due to their 48 RPI.  RPI was never a real factor in the selection process unless it was used to keep a mid major out or let an 18-14 P5 team into the dance. 

• Like 2