Around the MAC 2018-2019

zippy5

3 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

KSU came up just short; unable to overcome the combo of Illini team and BiG officials.

+1.  Those were two evenly matched teams. If they'd play ten times, each would win 5. 

I like the demeanor of Kent's new head coach.  He just looks like he's got "It."

I also like Kent's tempo on offense and the fact they aren't afraid to go for it on 4th down.

Bowden better keep on top of things.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

+1.  Those were two evenly matched teams. If they'd play ten times, each would win 5. 

I like the demeanor of Kent's new head coach.  He just looks like he's got "It."

I also like Kent's tempo on offense and the fact they aren't afraid to go for it on 4th down.

I was thinking the same thing. Usually you can tell the Zips don't belong on the field with some of these bigger schools. Even in the Michigan game a few years back it seemed like we got lucky just to be close.

Kent looked like they belonged. They were fast and moving the ball with no problem at times. They were playing to win.

Bowden plays it slow and safe.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Kent's QB looked really good. But I'm not so worried yet. Illinois is bad and they only had 2 wins last year. And one was Ball State by 3 points. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, feetg10 said:

Kent's QB looked really good. But I'm not so worried yet. Illinois is bad and they only had 2 wins last year. And one was Ball State by 3 points. 

Good point. I didn't watch the game and Kent may be improved, but we need to keep perspective that Illinois is a really bad P5 program.