Sign in to follow this  
Zip_ME87

2019 Zips Men's Soccer Recruiting

On 1/15/2019 at 8:26 PM, TennZip said:

If you haven't already, wait until you see this kid play!  I am very high on him.  He could play D1 in ANY sport he chose, he is a stud athlete.  I am so glad he chose to play soccer, and to play here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

If you haven't already, wait until you see this kid play!  I am very high on him.  He could play D1 in ANY sport he chose, he is a stud athlete.  I am so glad he chose to play soccer, and to play here.

Is he left footed as it appears in his signing day picture?

Updated list of 2019 commitments from Top Drawer Soccer

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer/college-soccer-details/men/akron/clgid-438/tab-commitments

Grant Abbott, GK, Decatur, Illinois, St. Louis FC

Henrique Cruz, MF, New Jersey, Cedar Stars Academy

John Fitzgerald, MF, Tallahassee, Florida, Barca Academy

Will Jackson, MF, Hudson, Ohio, Internationals SC (OH)

Natnael McDonald, MF, Georgia, Atlanta United

Josef Paulus, MF, Ohio,  Internationals SC (OH)

Cameron Victor, GK, Olmsted Falls, Ohio, Internationals SC (OH)

Jaden Wright, F, Lorain, Ohio, Internationals SC (OH)

On 12/20/2018 at 10:19 AM, ZipsVoice said:

Dave Pierce, one of the most respected OHSAA and USATF track officials in the Northeast, and a local resident was on the early Zips soccer teams, and tells the stories fondly.  The first home field for Akron soccer was the outfield for the Firestone Stadium.  If you're familiar with the site, there's a wall in left field that runs the entire length of the complex and the matches were played in that direction, and Dave said the hill above the wall was packed with fans when they would play home matches, and that Stu would trot down the wall shaking fans hands....

UPDATE:  Or maybe I should say correction....had a chance to sit with Dave Pearce again last night and I told him I had posted this, and he chidingly corrected me, saying something about an adult beverage.  What he had told me was that they practiced at Firestone Stadium and the fans came out to watch, while their home matches were played in much more advanced facilities...the Rubber Bowl, and believe it or not, on the grounds at Stan Hywet!  Said the pitch was wonderful.  Anyway...

Home of the Akron Zips!

Stan_Hywett_Front.JPG

• Like 4