Three For Thursday [Morgan State @Zips]

Dr Z

3 4 Thur  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many sacks will the Zips have?

2. 2. How many yards will Kato Nelson have combined (rushing and passing)?

3. 3. Who will have the most receptions?

• Van Edwards
    • Deltron Sands
    • Maverick Wolfley
    • Nate Stewart
    • Andre Williams
    • Jonah Morris
    • Mykel Traylor-Bennett
    • Kwadarrius Smith
    • Dustin Burkhart
    • other
  4. 4. BONUS: 🔥How many points will the Zips score?🔥

This poll is closed to new votes

In the teams’ last meeting in 2012, head coach Terry Bowden got win No. 1 in the Blue and Gold in record fashion as the Zips set or tied six team and two individual school records, in addition to one conference mark, in a 66-6 win over Morgan State at InfoCision Stadium – Summa Field. Akron’s 66 points and 753 yards of total offense broke a nine-year mark set on Sept. 20, 2003. The Zips also finished with a program-best 43 first downs, also in that contest against Howard. UA set a school record for completions as well with 44.

Akron also set the program and Mid-American Conference mark for passing yards (565) and posted the third-most offensive yards in league history with 753. Akron’s 59 pass attempts tied the UA school mark.Dalton Williams finished the game connecting on 37-of-48 passes for 446 yards and three touchdowns. His 94 completions over the last three games broke Charlie Frye’s school record in that category (89). He also set the single-game completions mark.Jawon Chisholm led all rushers with 129 yards on 18 carries. It was his fifth-career 100-yard game on the ground (four in 2011). Conor Hundley added two rushing touchdowns, while Marquelo Suel had 99 yards on six catches.

In the first meeting in 2009, the teams played before a sold-out crowd of 27,881 fans in the inaugural game at InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field.  UA jumped out to a 24-0 edge at halftime en route to a 41-0 victory.  Deryn Bowser had eight receptions for 86 yards and three touchdowns.  QB Chris Jacquemain went 13-of-22 for 162 yards and three touchdowns.

• Like 1

1.  I wanted to go over 4 but this appears to be a running team.

2.  I believe over 351 as I’m just thinking this is a good game to get your fairly new QB & new receivers some work

3.  I really have no idea who will get the most catches but Burkhart is a local & im pulling for him

4.  I think we will be high, somewhere around 50 so i did under 52 but wouldn’t be surprised if we scored more, team is under NCAA penalty with an interim coach who is forcing the running game to help eat clock, little bit of their game I watched they are bad & if they pass & stop clock a lot we could end up with a complete blowout 

• Like 1

No winners this week, Josh Ward had the only sack, and all members guessed at least 2 or more. Meeks and Hanson were credited with one QB hurry each, while Jamal Davis was credited with two. The Bears had a specific game plan of getting the ball out of the QBs hand quickly. I thought Ward, Davis and Sampson were having great success beating their man and getting into the backfield. 

jward.jpg