Three For Thursday [Zips @Wildcats]

Dr Z

zips vs wildcats  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many turnovers will the Zips defense create?

2. 2. Zips total yards of offense?

3. 3. Who will win?

• Zips
    • Wildcats by 19 or less
    • Wildcats by 20 or more
  4. 4. Bonus Question: How many yards rushing will Van Edwards have?

This poll is closed to new votes

1. NU is good for a pick and a fumble.

2. Zips get 100+ on the ground between QB's and RB's. QB's connect on a couple of longish balls and go for 200 passing.

3. I hope I'm wrong but we are too unproven to predict the upset. Zips cover.

4. NU is not tOSU but Van probably doesn't crack 100.

Thank God Justin Jackson graduated. Zips could pull it off, but if I was a betting man I'd have to pick NU by less than 20. We can win if we can get an early lead and don't have to play catch up. I don't know if this offense is equipped to come from behind, especially against a B1G team. We'll see soon enough. Go Zips!

I think if the Zips can hit the 350 yard mark Saturday night, they’ll win. Sampson, Gilbert and Davis should have big days, leading to multiple INT’s for our veteran secondary.

in my perfect world, this is a Marshall Part II game. Kato comes of age and leads us to a blowout. But I’ll go with Akron 34 Northwestern 27.

• Like 1

I will say, they seem to be giving us more respect than most P5 schools. Their press conference was more than the fake compliments we usually see from opposing coaches.

I said this last year. Kato needs to let the game come to him I stead of trying to do too much. He did that in the Ohio game, so he can do it. If he can make it a goal to help other guys have big plays, he will have big plays, himself. That does not mean that he never tucks and runs but that he is looking to let the offensive system work.

One thing we did nit really see was what our 3rd or 4th and short looks like this year. We did well with MTB carrying the ball. Can one of the new big guys carry that or will we see MTB back there, again? I think his height helped him see where and when he could make his move.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

Can one of the new big guys carry that or will we see MTB back there, again? I think his height helped him see where and when he could make his move.

Your right, Mykel was really good at it, but I don't think the front seven hitting his lower body is beneficial to the team right now. He worked too hard to get back to where he is for that. I agree to what you write above, if I'm reading correctly, this game could come down to Kato's efficiency. 

On 9/13/2018 at 3:36 PM, zippy5 said:

Thank God Justin Jackson graduated. Zips could pull it off, but if I was a betting man I'd have to pick NU by less than 20. We can win if we can get an early lead and don't have to play catch up. I don't know if this offense is equipped to come from behind, especially against a B1G team. We'll see soon enough. Go Zips!

Nailed it

16 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Nailed it

...except that the Zips DID win...by having enough to come from behind...and having to play catchup basically the entire game.  The offense was able to cobble together two TD's in the second half at crucial moments.  That's not really nailing it...

23 minutes ago, Balsy said:

...except that the Zips DID win...by having enough to come from behind...and having to play catchup basically the entire game.  The offense was able to cobble together two TD's in the second half at crucial moments.  That's not really nailing it...

Sarcasm meter is still broken Balsy.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 11:08 PM, Captain Kangaroo said:

I think if the Zips can hit the 350 yard mark Saturday night, they’ll win. Sampson, Gilbert and Davis should have big days, leading to multiple INT’s for our veteran secondary.

in my perfect world, this is a Marshall Part II game. Kato comes of age and leads us to a blowout. But I’ll go with Akron 34 Northwestern 27.

While not a winner this week, I am pretty happy with the accuracy my prognostication.:D

• Like 1