2018-19 XC and T&F

ZipsVoice

If you are not busy this weekend with the Zips Gridders having a bye week, and the MSOC team not home either, nor VB...if the weather is decent, maybe drive out to Norton and see the Zips Cross Country teams compete.  Not only that, they are hosting the All-Ohio Intercollegiate Championships to boot!  About 50 universities and colleges from Ohio will be there competing and the course is very viewer friendly, and Akron has some serious threats with Mackenzie Andrews on the women's side and Nick Stricklen and Andre Bollam-Godbott on the men's side.  Starts at 2 pm (I think) at Silver Creek Metro Park, with the courses specifically designed for XC running.  Go Zips!

Edited by ZipsVoice
spelling errors
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A little late on this, but boy was Saturday a lot of fun out at Silver Creek Metro Park as U of A hosted the 2018 All-Ohio Intercollegiate Cross Country meet.  The weather was phenomenal and the Zips hosted well.  They even brought in this neat system with a huge black panel truck where each side and the rear turned into bigscreen TVs and they flew a drone over the race ans broadcast it on the truck screens!  Great addition.  About 50 Universities and colleges competed in three Divisions - D1, D2/NAIA and D3.  The Zips Men's team won the overall race, but somehow, I can't figure it out but I'm no math major, they finished second in D1 to Ohio.  The women finished 3rd in D1.  Andre Bollam-Godbot made a strong finish to place second and McKenzie Andres of Akron finished 4th.  The Zips men have now won the event 3 times, I think.  Anyway, a nice weekend afternoon rooting for the Roos.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 11:10 AM, ZipsVoice said:

They even brought in this neat system with a huge black panel truck where each side and the rear turned into bigscreen TVs and they flew a drone over the race ans broadcast it on the truck screens!  Great addition.

That is awesome.  I used to work with high schoolers & so I've been to watch my fair share of CC meets & never thought it was much of a spectator sport.