Game 5—Miami RedHawks

Dr Z

11 minutes ago, LZIp said:

images.jpeg

THE GOOD — Akron is first in the MAC in scoring defense with 22.3 points allowed per game and in rushing defense with 98 yards allowed per game. The Zips are also great in situational defense,  allowing five red zone touchdowns on 11 opportunities and held offenses to 29.8% successful on third down.

THE BAD — Akron has only made five trips into the red zone in three games.

THE UGLY — The offense is only converting 34.9% of their third downs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UA1987 said:

I haven't heard too much out of DT #90 Matt Hanson this year. I thought with Brimage out we would see him racking up some stats behind Boxen. Maybe he will show up against Miami.  

He's prob been 3rd string up until this point with Jest and Baptiste ahead of him on the depth chart. He's likely to get more of chance now that Baptiste is done for the season.

12 minutes ago, LZIp said:

He's prob been 3rd string up until this point with Jest and Baptiste ahead of him on the depth chart. He's likely to get more of chance now that Baptiste is done for the season.

Baptiste, who was playing outstanding, was injured in the first half of the Northwestern game. Plenty of time after for Hanson to get playing time. Maybe as a red-shirt freshman he just has not been ready although he was recruited with some hype. I wonder if Matt is not playing out of position at DT. Stroud may have moved him there due to need this year, but I think he may be a better D/E.      

Edited by UA1987
  • Like 2

I got the chance to speak with Jabari Arthur last night at the coach's show. What a super guy. I don't think I'll get the chance to post the interview until after tomorrow's game, but please be sure give him the best ovation humanly possible. He flew in from Calgary for the event, and you'll never meet a guy more positive about his time with the Zips.

IMG_0590.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2