Game 5—Miami RedHawks

Dr Z

You know what really grinds my gears?  It's that Joe Akron was relatively out in force on Saturday.  I've been waiting for 25+ years for Akron to embrace their team & I was very happy with the crowd on Saturday.  GoZips.com has the game's attendance listed at 22,437.  I doubt it was that high, but it was a nice crowd & the Zippers barely gave them anything to get excited about... even to the point of getting blow out... by Miami?!?! :puke:

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

You know what really grinds my gears?  It's that Joe Akron was relatively out in force on Saturday.  I've been waiting for 25+ years for Akron to embrace their team & I was very happy with the crowd on Saturday.  GoZips.com has the game's attendance listed at 22,437.  I doubt it was that high, but it was a nice crowd & the Zippers barely gave them anything to get excited about... even to the point of getting blow out... by Miami?!?! :puke:

My thoughts exactly!

5 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

This is 22,437? Oh well, who does post actual "attendance" anyway?

20181006_153010.jpg

20181006_162402.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ewbrooman1 said:

This is 22,437? Oh well, who does post actual "attendance" anyway?

20181006_153010.jpg

20181006_162402.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures.  I can say that the west side filled out quite a bit more after that picture was taken.  I couldn't see the east side as that's where I was sitting (upper GA).

13 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Thanks for posting those pictures.  I can say that the west side filled out quite a bit more after that picture was taken.  I couldn't see the east side as that's where I was sitting (upper GA).

The west side pic was taken at the beginning of the game when the team ran out on the field just before kickoff. The east side was taken in the 2nd quarter. What I observed was the east side crowd diminishing after the 85° sun came out in full force and many people followed me to the shade of the press box side. Regardless, they aren't 22,000 there but the attendance figure always seems to be 10,000 over anyway.

On 10/2/2018 at 8:33 AM, LZIp said:

Redshirt watch (I may have missed a walk on or two in this and I'm only looking at freshman):

Morgan State: Brandon Bischoff, Keyondre White, Daishawn Brimage, Devanier Floyd, Jalen Hooks,  Zach DiLauro, RJ Kelly, Vincent Fonte, Logan Hawkins, Tim Scippio.

Northwestern: Brandon Bischoff, Daishawn Brimage, Jalen Hooks

Iowa State: Brandon Bischoff, Daishawn Brimage, Jalen Hooks, Tim Scippio

Miami (OH): Brandon Bischoff, Keyondre White, Daishawn Brimage, Jalen Hooks, Logan Hawkins

Info pulled from post game stats - participation report.

Updated. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting point made by coach Bowden in his presser this week. He had some freshman on the Nebraska kickoff. They don't know for sure if that game is going to count against them or not. They don't have clarification yet. He said he needs to make a phone call this week. 

• 5 weeks later...