ZippyRulz

On 9/26/2018 at 9:06 AM, LZIp said:

NIU

Army

Kent State

Toledo

Iowa State

Purdue

When is Ohio getting in on the sports gambling revenue train?!

One thing I reinforced yesterday - never, ever bet on Can't State. Toledo let me down too, but starting QB left the game with a concussion.

Kent looked bad yesterday.  It's difficult to tell just by watching tv, but it didn't appear either the coach nor the team was as fired up as they were the first week -vs- Illinois.  Maybe the honeymoon period is wearing off?  Plus, Kent's new coach likes to run the uptempo, hurry-up offense.  When it's working it's great, but when it's not, it'll exhaust your own D.  We witnessed that with the Zips during Bowden's first year.  Kent's up tempo worked well against Illinois, but you saw their D get worn down in the 2nd half -vs- Penn State.  Maybe now that there's film out there of what Kent likes to do, they're starting to get curb stomped again?  Idk, I still like their QB & think we're gonna have to bring our B+ game to beat them in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Kent looked bad yesterday.  It's difficult to tell just by watching tv, but it didn't appear either the coach nor the team was as fired up as they were the first week -vs- Illinois.  Maybe the honeymoon period is wearing off?  Plus, Kent's new coach likes to run the uptempo, hurry-up offense.  When it's working it's great, but when it's not, it'll exhaust your own D.  We witnessed that with the Zips during Bowden's first year.  Kent's up tempo worked well against Illinois, but you saw their D get worn down in the 2nd half -vs- Penn State.  Maybe now that there's film out there of what Kent likes to do, they're starting to get curb stomped again?  Idk, I still like their QB & think we're gonna have to bring our B+ game to beat them in 2 weeks.

Totally agree.  That QB scares me.  But Akron showed us that they can come back in the 2nd half already...so if we can continue being that 2nd-half team B+ effort should be more than enough.

• Like 1