Bye Week Pick-em

ZippyRulz

Something to do during bye week. Pick against the spread shown below, by Friday.

@EMU favored by 3.5 over NIU

@Buffalo favored by 8.5 over Army

@Ball State favored by 7.5 over KS-Pew (a.k.a. Can't State)

@Fresno State favored by 7.5 over Toledo

@TCU favored by 10.5 over Iowa State

Purdue favored by 3.5 over @Nebraska

Edited by ZippyRulz
  • Like 2

Look at EMU! -when was the last time they were favored over Northern (Go Eagles!)? I'll take the points and Army. I like Purdue despite a tough beginning to the season (good HC) and because I don't like Nebraska. I would take Iowa State, but I read a Des Moines article (some reporter named Woody - speaks for itself) on how the Cyclones were playing back ups a lot and that's why the score was only 26 to 13 against Akron (yeah right with the score 17 to 13 at the beginning of the 4th Qtr.), so I'm now rooting for TCU in a rout. The rest who cares.      

Edited by UA1987

EMU

Army

Kent State

Toledo

TCU

Purdue

It is quite possible Nebraska may go 0-11, and screw them.  I want their figurative head on a spike under our MAC Jolly Roger.

EMU looks pretty decent!  I'm kinda scared to play them later in the year, as I am with Buffalo.  I'm the biggest Bowden-Zips honk out there...but those two teams scare me.

Ball State doesn't impress me at all. Despite being 1-3 I think Kent has had some decent showing considering what they've been the last couple of years.  I feel like they're a 2012 Akron Zips this year.  

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

EMU looks pretty decent!  I'm kinda scared to play them later in the year, as I am with Buffalo.  I'm the biggest Bowden-Zips honk out there...but those two teams scare me.

+1.  If we win the MAC East this year it won't be by backing in.  Our schedule is tough.

We're gonna have to bring our A game to beat Buffalo and I'm afraid we're gonna have to bring our B+ game to beat Kent, NIU, EMU & Ohio.

That's asking for quite a few well-played games without a let down.

Fortunately, our team's strength is on the D side of the ball & it looks like those guys are hungry to rumble every week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

+1.  If we win the MAC East this year it won't be by backing in.  Our schedule is tough.

We're gonna have to bring our A game to beat Buffalo and I'm afraid we're gonna have to bring our B+ game to beat Kent, NIU, EMU & Ohio.

That's asking for quite a few well-played games without a let down.

Fortunately, our team's strength is on the D side of the ball & it looks like those guys are hungry to rumble every week.

For the first time in a long time the team I've watched play the last two weeks, I feel like can beat anyone in the MAC if they don't get distracted.  Well...almost anyone...

• Like 1

Army is a decent team. Buffalo QB Jackson has a strong arm but is incredibly inaccurate.  I watched the entire game and I was not impressed.

OU is mediocre. The game they blew to Cincinnati and UMass is giving them a game.

BG just got stomped by Georgia Tech.  Georgia Tech that was previously winless vs FBS.

Miami has 2 wins. An FCS win vs Austin Peay and a 2 score win over a bad BG team.

Kent is Kent.

It will be a huge disappointment if we don't repeat as MAC East champs. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

Army is a decent team. Buffalo QB Jackson has a strong arm but is incredibly inaccurate.  I watched the entire game and I was not impressed.

OU is mediocre. The game they blew to Cincinnati and UMass is giving them a game.

BG just got stomped by Georgia Tech.  Georgia Tech that was previously winless vs FBS.

Miami has 2 wins. An FCS win vs Austin Peay and a 2 score win over a bad BG team.

Kent is Kent.

It will be a huge disappointment if we don't repeat as MAC East champs. 

With the way I've been seeing the Zips play the last two weeks; it's theirs for the taking.  Make Rourke regret his decision to not come to Akron.  Go Zips.

• Like 1