@ Michigan State - on Big Ten network

2 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Oh yeah....way to get back on track...nice win continued dominance vs. Big 10,  and confidence builder.  When was the last time we  not ranked top 25, TennZip or ME87?

Sometime last season, I believe. I really don't follow the polls. RPI rules in men's soccer. This will be a very nice RPI bump. Way to go Zips.

• Thanks 1

Skye and Morgan Hackworth really pushed the ball when there was an opportunity.   Strachan really stepped in well at Center back.  Skye worked very hard to get off the great pass to Egbo for his goal.  Egbo should be rested and ready to key the zips to a mac win on Saturday.  Biros brought some good energy when he came in.

Nice win.   

1 hour ago, VAZip said:

There is a Big10 app.  Can watch with TV provider log on. 

Raced home to catch the final 30.  Nice overall game for the Zips.  MSU not at their best, I have to think.  Though the Akron goals were surely legit.

The announcers were aware of Egbo's quality, and let the audience know.  Only question on their job was pronunciation of Diogo Pacheco's name.  Is the first name pronounced like "Jogo" (as in jogo bonito)?  :D

42 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Oh yeah....way to get back on track...nice win continued dominance vs. Big 10,  and confidence builder.  When was the last time we  not ranked top 25, TennZip or ME87?

After the Denver away loss last year we fell out of the top 25.  And I think we were 0-2.  Not sure if this one win is enough to get us back in though -- gotta close out the season and win the MAC.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Raced home to catch the final 30.  Nice overall game for the Zips.  MSU not at their best, I have to think.  Though the Akron goals were surely legit.

The announcers were aware of Egbo's quality, and let the audience know.  Only question on their job was pronunciation of Diogo Pacheco's name.  Is the first name pronounced like "Jogo" (as in jogo bonito)?  :D

Our coaches call him Dee - oh - go, which I found is the Portugal Portuguese pronunciation. Jee - oh -go, I believe is the Brazil Portuguese pronunciation. If you listen to the video that ZipsVoice posted, it sounds like he says Joke. Pacheco told me he likes to be called Pacheco...so, I've never asked him the proper pronunciation of Diogo.

13 minutes ago, bigzipguy said:

Thought I heard announcers say David was bit banged up??

That's what I heard them say. I  suspected if that was the case, we would see him late, if needed in a close game, which we did.

Edited by Zip_ME87

https://gozips.com/news/2018/10/9/mens-soccer-egbo-and-harter-propel-akron-to-2-1-win-at-no-8-michigan-state.aspx

"Top to bottom we had a tremendous effort from everyone tonight," Akron head coach Jared Embick commented. "It was a team victory for us. Our seniors – Morgan (Hackworth), Ezana (Kahsay) and Ben (Lundt) were excellent and Skye (Harter) was awesome. I couldn't be more proud of our fight. We have a big game on Saturday and we need to focus on that game. I hope we can fill the hill and keep the momentum going."

3 minutes ago, TennZip said:

Boo hoo hoo... 

How about the Zips having a lightning delay, downpour, and swampy field at BGSU, as well as a bus breakdown yesterday (I think, if I understood Micaletto's Instagram story correctly) 20 minutes outside of Akron on their way to East Lansing. Basically had 1 day back in Akron on Sunday and then on the bus again Monday. Who had more rest?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The young zips team should be very proud of all that they overcame....to get a road win.   They overcame an injury to Marco Milanese.   They have showed their toughness on the road at Grand Canyon, VCU and at Michigan State.  Grand Canyon had a win over the weekend over Seattle.     Morgan Hackworth is a battler and he is showing some senior leadership.  Skye had his best game this season.  Pol and Abdi have locked down the outside back positions.   Pacheco and Egbo will have fresh legs for Saturday.   This team can still accomplish a lot this year.

• Like 1

For anyone who might be interested, I did a little research at the "request" of buflobo.

Akron Men's Soccer v current B1G members:

From Zips Men's Soccer 2017 Media Guide (does not include 2017 matches):

v Mich St, 26-13-2, 80 goals for, 51 against, 1st meeting 1962 (41 games through 2016)

v blOSU, 29-6-5, 128 goals for, 48 goals against, 1st meeting 1955 (40 games through 2016)

v Penn St*, 17-14-6, 47 goals for, 48 goals against, 1st meeting 1978 (37 games through 2016)

v Indiana, 8-24-2, 25 goals for, 71 goals against, 1st meeting 1967 (34 games through 2016)

v Michigan, 11-4-0, 28 goals for, 14 goals against, 1st meeting 1962 (15 games through 2016)

v Maryland**, 2-1-1, 8 goals for, 5 goals against, 1st meeting 1993 (4 games through 2016)

v Wisconsin, 1-2-0, 6 goals for, 6 goals against, 1st meeting 1986 (3 games through 2016)

v Northwestern, 2-1-0, 4 goals for, 2 goals against, 1st meeting 1989 (3 games through 2016)

* joined B1G in 1990

** joined B1G in 2014

Add in 2017 and 2018

v Mich St, 28-13-2, 86 goals for, 52 against, 1st meeting 1962 (43 games through 2018)

v Wisconsin, 2-2-0, 9 goals for, 8 goals against, 1st meeting 1986 (4 games through 2018)

Only losing record is to IU, the program with 7 stars.

99-65-16 (0.604) overall. 

351 goals for, 254 goals against

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Thanks 1