Jabari Arthur Interview

Thank you Cap't. I loved the article on Jabari. You have a warm, informative writing style that leads the reader to build a relationship with the subject. Jabari is a remarkable Zip alum. I am proud of the high regard he holds for his teammates and university. Your article is another reminder of why I follow ZNO so eagerly. :thumb: 

Thanks for the nice comments. It's great that many of you liked it.

I got the call that Jabari would be available to interview at 4 pm on Thursday. So I had about an hour after work to brush up on his career and generate some questions before I drove down to Akron. I almost didn't do it. 

It would have been a huge mistake not to go. I was able to get 6 minutes of his time prior to his radio interview. When he was done with the segment, he spoke to me for another 25 minutes. I offered a couple times for him to go eat his dinner, but he declined. He seemed genuinely excited to tell his story. 

When we were done we went back to the dinner table near the bar and someone had covered his meal with a plate to try and keep it warm.

He's a super person. It was really uplifting to speak to him and I'm glad I could convey his enthusiasm for UA in the story.

• Thanks 2

• 2 years later...