Game 7—@Kent State Golden Flashes

Dr Z

1 minute ago, 1981 grad said:

Bad snap.  Holder decided to take off with instead of trying to put it down.  Give Zips credit for rushing the kick and tackling holder immediately.

The snap wasn't  great, but the shingle star if our special teams, and pre-season Holder if the Year candidate, Kyke Foster, would have put it down for a kicker.

40 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Tell you what. This offense is bad. But Kato wanted it. He wanted the ball and wanted to beat Kent. Can't hate on that one bit

I've been a YUGE KN critic, but I've gotta hand this one to him....he was the force here.  knew they were gonna fake the PAT, everybody did....

4 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

I've been a YUGE KN critic, but I've gotta hand this one to him....he was the force here.  knew they were gonna fake the PAT, everybody did....

I sat there in the rain for that whole damn game.  The OTs were played right in front of Akron band and the few fans who stayed to the bitter end.  

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1

I don't know what everyone is talking about in previous posts. What a great win! Did anyone notice the players out for the OT coin toss. Did Kent send out only Matt Bahr and no one shook hands? Anyhow, I thought the Zips played pretty damn good. How can you feel bad about an overtime 1 point away victory against your rival especially when they screwed up! I love it! Go Zips!    

Edited by UA1987
  • Like 2