Creighton

https://gocreighton.com/news/2018/10/15/-12-mens-soccer-completes-road-trip-with-match-at-akron-on-tuesday-night.aspx

a pretty impressive item from the Creighton article:

Two Of Best Programs In Division I Since 2011
Since Elmar Bolowich took over as Creighton's head coach prior to the 2011 season, Akron and Creighton rank first and fourth, respectively, for wins, and and second and fifth in winning
percentage in Division I.

Division I Men's Soccer Most Wins, 2011-Present
1. Akron 117-33-20
2. North Carolina 116-28-22
3. Coastal Carolina 115-39-11
4. Creighton 113-38-15
5. Maryland 108-31-29

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Yes indeed, Buflobo!  I know Sven personally. ?  Problem is, he no longer appears on the CU roster I saw.  Where's Sven??  Honestly, he's (or at least WAS) a scoring machine at Hawaii Pacific (D-2).  He was the USDL (summer league) top scorer at Windsor Ontario in 2016.  If you see Sven, give him a hardy "Aloha"!

4 minutes to go 1st half 0-0. Like the effort and energy I'm seeing from our young Zips against #8 Creighton. Pressing the action and applying a lot of pressure on the ball. No Egbo tonight (yellow card auto-suspension). Looking forward to the second half!

Shout-out to Chad on ESPN+ color commentary - nice job! :thumb:

Edited by GoZips88

Gaucho Dan Rpi has Akron going from 51 to 35 in rpi after the game....really great bump for the zips

big time WIN !!!

Creighton drops from 14 to 28

not a good night for the ACC

In the big upset of the night...Lipscomb (4-8-0) before tonight defeated Louisville 3-2 (Lollaville drops to 10 in rpi)

UNCW pounded cross state rival NC State 3-0

Duke drops to 9 in rpi after losing 1-0 to High Point

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoZips88 said:

No Egbo tonight (yellow card auto-suspension). 

Wait!  Since when is there a yellow card accumulation rule?  There's no such thing in NCAA Women's soccer -- almost positive!  Is it three yellows accumulated?

Edited by Z.I.P.

6 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

Wait!  Since when is there a yellow card accumulation rule?  There's no such thing in NCAA Women's soccer -- almost positive!  Is it three yellows accumulated?

5 YC = 1 match

3 YC = 1 match

2 YC thereafter = 1 match

By the time one earns 10 YCs in a season, perhaps a different pastime should be considered.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

NCAA Soccer rules for men's and women's soccer

https://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4544-2018-and-2019-soccer-rules.aspx

12.5 Accumulated Cautions — Regular Season 12.5.1 Any player(s), coach(es) or other bench personnel who has received a total of five cautions in one season shall be suspended and shall not participate in the next regularly scheduled game, including postseason games. Three additional cautions shall result in additional one-game suspensions. Each two additional cautions shall result in additional one-game suspensions. 12.5.2 If the total is reached in the final regular-season game of the season, the player(s), coach(es) and/or bench personnel shall not participate in the first postseason game and/or the first regularly scheduled game of the next season if his/her team does not participate in postseason play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2