Duquesne coming to Akron

ewbrooman1

5 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Shall we revisit one of the several Balsy threads?

Fact of the matter is, in his 13 seasons at Akron, Dambrot failed to achieve even half of what Buffalo has achieved these past 2 seasons (official national ranking and a NCAA Tourney win). He even failed to achieve what Groce did at OU in just 4 seasons (3 NCAA tourney wins, including a Sweet Sixteen). Now he's at Duquesne, putting up the same results as he did here - beating up on lesser teams only to lose the big games. 

And to keep this post on topic, his blow up is embarrassing. 

Hard to achieve anything when you have a mediocre Athletic Director and MAC Commish who wont cap for you 

OU has a better Athletics Program from top to bottom compared to Akron 

And its funny how many of you give Dambrot a short leash at Duquense while coppin pleas for Groce's mediocre a$$ claiming he needs more time. Oh the hypocrisy 

8 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Here's the blurb summing up the KD melt down video from SI Extra Mustard-

The worst time to give an opponent free points is in a tie game with five seconds to play. Just ask Duquesne’s Keith Dambrot, who gave Penn State four free points by picking up two technical fouls in the closing seconds. Those shots, paired with the two the Nittany Lions were already shooting (for the foul Dambrot was so upset about in the first place) put the game out of reach. 

Even worse, Penn State was favored by 5.5 points in the game. Without those four extra shots, the Dukes would have covered. Even worse than that, the over-under was 138 and those four extra points pushed the total to 140. I sincerely hope no one reading this actually bet on a Penn State-Duquesne game on a Wednesday, but I understand why you’re mad if you did. 

That outburst had Lebron commenting on it and a spot on sportscenter. Bad press is good press so............

6yeZr5I.png

6 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

Dambrot is responsible for all 5 of our MAC regular season championships and 3 out of our 4 NCAAT appearances and you wanted him fired???

He was the coach for 13 years,No wins in 4 appearances.None of those games were ever even close,he got blown out of the gym in one appearance by a former A of U assistant coach??? In the CBI tournament he got blown out??? The The NIT made him travel to OSU and lost a game that he should have won that should have been at the JAR??? He is not a big game coach, he’s to high school,look a last night??? he almost always wins? I do think Dambrot,would make the A of U a mighty fine AD though.

24 minutes ago, monrowe said:

He was the coach for 13 years,No wins in 4 appearances.None of those games were ever even close,he got blown out of the gym in one appearance by a former A of U assistant coach??? In the CBI tournament he got blown out??? The The NIT made him travel to OSU and lost a game that he should have won that should have been at the JAR??? He is not a big game coach, he’s to high school,look a last night??? he almost always wins? I do think Dambrot,would make the A of U a mighty fine AD though.

You make it sound like winning NCAAT games as a mid-major is easy. You have to win a single game elimination tournament to get there then have to beat a team that has exponentially more resources devoted to their program. We also won NIT games at Florida State and Houston. If you want to count Penn State as "a big game opponent" (which its not) Akron beat them by 25 in 2012 ?

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

You make it sound like winning NCAAT games as a mid-major is easy. You have to win a single game elimination tournament to get there then have to beat a team that has exponentially more resources devoted to their program. We also won NIT games at Florida State and Houston. If you want to count Penn State as "a big game opponent" (which its not) Akron beat them by 25 in 2012 ?

He lost to PSU last night by 6 2018?

• Like 1

I like Keith. I think he is a good guy who did his best at Akron before he knew he had to leave. It was time for him and us, but that's another story for those of you who want to continue to fight it out ad nauseum. His outburst against Penn State was a different matter. The AD or President of Duquesne should have suspended him. He embarrassed the university, the team and himself. No athlete would ever, ever be permitted to act that way. The same applies to a coach. I lost all respect for Duquesne University.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1