WMU - Saturday, Nov. 3rd

6 minutes ago, TennZip said:

Bowling Green leads SIUE 2-0 at 54 minutes

A win gives BGSU #2 seed....

which means that Akron will playing somewhere on Tuesday

if Akron wins and BGSU wins, Akron will be #3 seed and would host #6 seed on Tuesday

and then have to go to w. virginia on friday night and play bowling green

With these Tuesday games this year I think they will try hard to get this game in tonight.

1 minute ago, malonepioneer12 said:

This is pathetic.......where are you Larry Williams???????

If this had happened at Infocision, a solution would have been found.

Larry Williams needs to issue a statement after the fact...explaining all that was done and refunds need to be issued to all season ticket holders for this game.

24 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

Unless they say we get the 4th seed since we played one less game than SIU-E.  That is reasonable I think but who knows.

Akron and WMU end the conference 1-2-1...4 points (correction....WMU has 5 points at 1-1-2...they will be seeded ahead of Akron in the MAC tourney)

SIU-E ends 1-3-1...4 points...

they should decide on head to head

Akron beat SIUE

SIUE and WMU tied

based on that ....Akron should be higher seeded than SIUE and WMU

if NIU comes back and ties WVU, they would finish 1-3-1

that would be a mess...as NIU beat Akron

root for WVU to win

Edited by TennZip

12 minutes ago, TennZip said:

Akron and WMU end the conference 1-2-1...4 points

SIU-E ends 1-3-1...4 points...

they should decide on head to head

Akron beat SIUE

SIUE and WMU tied

based on that ....Akron should be higher seeded than SIUE and WMU

if NIU comes back and ties WVU, they would finish 1-3-1

that would be a mess...as NIU beat Akron

root for WVU to win

WMU has 5 points.

Assuming NIU ties WVU  there will be 4 teams with 4 points - if they do Goal differential as tiebreaker it is :

SIU-E -6

NIU -2 (Assuming tie with WVU)

Akron -2

So to me I think you give the 4 seed to the team that did it with the fewest games which would be Akron.  (Can't believe we had 2 games cancelled this year with Notre Dame and WMU)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

Assuming NIU ties WVU  there will be 4 teams with 4 points - if they do Goal differential as tiebreaker it is :

SIU-E -6

NIU -2 (Assuming tie with WVU)

Akron -2

So to me I think you give the 4 seed to the team that did it with the fewest games which would be Akron.  (Can't believe we had 2 games cancelled this year with Notre Dame and WMU)

and Connecticut bailed on Akron and they had a super long lightning delay at halftime of VCU game

has been a cursed kind of year

WVU wins on a header in OT

Northern Illinois will play at #3 seed western michigan

akron will play SIUE in 4 - 5 matchup. tuesday night...I will not hazard a guess as to what mac committee will do

winner of that game would face  a rested west virginia team on their home field on friday night

8 minutes ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Tuesday night at 4 we play at home?   Seriously what is with that time - some people have to work during the day?   I have all ready sent a compliant email - please take the time to do the same.  

B ball home opener is at 7.  Maybe they did not want a conflict.

8 hours ago, malonepioneer12 said:

Tuesday night at 4 we play at home?   Seriously what is with that time - some people have to work during the day?   I have all ready sent a compliant email - please take the time to do the same.  

I think you meant complaint not compliant. ?

• Like 1

I feel bad for our players, coaches and staff. They work hard to bring us a quality product, and the UA Athletics Department fails to support them properly. Last night was a complete cluster on the part of the Athletics Department and UA Facilities. Power issues at 3 pm and you cannot figure out by 8 or 9 pm how to light 4 light posts on the competition field with generators...but you can light the practice field?!!! Power at the JAR!!! Power at Infocision Stadium!!! But, you can't get power for what should have been a required conference game for your most successful, most high profile team. 

Larry Williams set the precedent earlier this year by packing up the football team and leaving Nebraska, losing a payment of >$1M. I didn't even see Larry last night. Was he there? I didn't see George Van Horne either. Both owe us an apology and both should be on the hot seat for their lack of leadership and competence this year. 

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 2