Game 10—@Eastern Michigan Eagles

Dr Z

• Dr Z changed the title to Game 10—@Eastern Michigan Eagles
4 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

If EMU plays like they did yesterday, the Zips have a good chance of coming home with a victory. 

C'mon Doc, a "good chance"?  Maybe a chance.  EMU didn't look that much worse yesterday than we did against CMU, and they certainly looked better against Buffalo and NIU than we did.  And any word yet on the status of KN?  Won't that effect our chances?  Just sayin'...maybe I missed something watching them yesterday.

55 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

If EMU plays like they did yesterday, the Zips have a good chance of coming home with a victory. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 9.24.13 AM.png

I hope you are right, but if I was an Eagle fan I would be elated to finish the season against the NEO part of the MAC.  Just remember, as much as we circle other teams on the schedule they all circle us as well.  I am calling in every favor I am owed to try and get some fans in the stands for this one.  Sadly, that means about 4 extra tickets.  Go Zips!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zip JD said:

I hope you are right, but if I was an Eagle fan I would be elated to finish the season against the NEO part of the MAC.  Just remember, as much as we circle other teams on the schedule they all circle us as well.  I am calling in every favor I am owed to try and get some fans in the stands for this one.  Sadly, that means about 4 extra tickets.  Go Zips!

I’m actually going JD...kids went to EMU and live in Westland, so chance to see Zips and Grandkids plus have breakfast at Bomber!  

3 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

And any word yet on the status of KN?  Won't that effect our chances?  Just sayin'...maybe I missed something watching them yesterday.

KN1 was asked by someone (forget who) during the presser after CMU if he would be back next week and he indicated he would cut Bowden quickly sid, "He doesn't know. He will wake up tomorrow and that will be really sore." Sounds like there is a chance but Bowden will not tip his hand.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 9:34 AM, ZipsVoice said:

C'mon Doc, a "good chance"?  Maybe a chance.  EMU didn't look that much worse yesterday than we did against CMU, and they certainly looked better against Buffalo and NIU than we did.  And any word yet on the status of KN?  Won't that effect our chances?  Just sayin'...maybe I missed something watching them yesterday.

EMU has won 5. They beat Purdue and Toledo. Their loses were close maybe save for the Army game but that certainly was not a blowout. They have played. some good teams tough and beaten a couple of quality teams. Hope I'm wrong but on the road with a team that can become bowl eligible,finally. EMU is going to be real excited. Tough go for the Zips even if a hobbling KN plays.

5 hours ago, zippy5 said:

We have a shot if Kato plays.. would be nice to hear some sort of update but we'll see at Noon on Saturday.

This coaching staff and SID rarely release anything regarding player injury status, so as not to give opponents advance knowledge.   Once saw Council on campus with his huge cast and arm askew  and yet he was still listed on roster and depth chart for game the next day.  Only way we ever find out if an insider lets it slip, and even then they have to be fearful of the rath of TB if found out...you’re right, we’ll find out Saturday at noon....

1 hour ago, Section210Zip said:

You will have to report how their field looks in person because it doesn't look very good on tv. 

I've been to two games at Ryerson since they grayed it out.  It looks better in person, but it's still like watching Sunday football after church at my Granpa's on his black and white set, especially when the home team wears all white with the matte helmets....

13 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

I've been to two games at Ryerson since they grayed it out.  It looks better in person, but it's still like watching Sunday football after church at my Granpa's on his black and white set, especially when the home team wears all white with the matte helmets....

I thought it probably would look good in person. I think it just looks weird on tv because of the end zones and trim of the field being green.  The grey really dulls everything out and then bam color. 

ABJ: With Kato Nelson's status in doubt, Zips rely on running game

When considering the Eagles, it’s important to note they’ve followed a similar trajectory as the Zips this season. They have a signature win over Purdue — the team that beat Ohio State — and they’ve lost three of their games by three points. They cannot be taken for granted.