Game 10—@Eastern Michigan Eagles

Dr Z

I was planning on attending the Bowling Green game next week and then traveling to Athens for the Ohio game.  I think I’ll stay home and work on my honey do list so my wife will be happy.  Happy wife, happy life.  

Hoping soccer makes a good run.  Looking forward to hoops making big progress. Looking forward to the nice football recruiting class we have.  And very much looking forward to a new offensive coordinator next year.  

31 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

Nothing more painful than watching a new QB learning, the hard way. Tommy and Kato both have seen games like this.

Woodson and Kato never did even close to that nightmare, in fact I think both of them had good games in their first starts

Definitely time to change leadership of this program.  There's no excuse for how ill prepared the offense was for this game. Ramart played poorly, but really was given zero chance to succeed by the staff. It's almost like Kato was injured at Thursday's practice, not 9 days ago.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, zzx said:

Woodson and Kato never did even close to that nightmare, in fact I think both of them had good games in their first starts

How long are the rest of you guys that are left going to tolerate Mrs. Bowden’s posts without calling her on it?

Do not try to pin this on a rookie QB. This is simply another  FAILURE of  Bowden/ Milwee to 1) develop any type of running game and 2) their inability to devise a game plan for an inexperienced QB on the road. Stop blabbering about the back up to the back up. When Bowden gets EMBARASSED by EMU its my hope that the AD takes a real hard look at what has not been accomplished in 7 seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balsy said:

This Bowden cheerleader is officially off the bandwagon.  :puke:

Balsy, you’ve been loyal, for sure.  When you drop the “ rah rah”, that says something, and I’m with YOU! :rock:

Edited by ZipsVoice
  • Like 2

ABJ: Eastern Michigan 27, Akron 7: Zips struggle without Kato Nelson in loss to Eagles

For the game, UA (4-5, 2-4 in MAC) gained 90 total yards (29 pass, 61 run) and went 0-for-11 on third down conversions. They turned the ball over four times. Still, the defense kept the Zips in the game until the fourth quarter with the Eagles leading 10-7.

There is just no way Milwee can be back here next season. Hell, he shouldn't even finish the season, but TB is loyal to a fault. It was so painful watching EMU blitz the opposite side of where the running back was lined up every play because this offense literally only has one running play. There was no chance before these plays were even ran.

Making it a point to email my displeasure to L. Williams this week. My first want is Milwee gone. My second is TB gone if he refuses to make the change.

Link to his contact info: https://gozips.com/staff.aspx?staff=1

• Like 2

I do not know why the meltdowns from fans still surprise me, but they do....

1 week if practice does not equate to game time snaps. 

Regarding Ramart and the coaches: Woodson, 2014 against Ball State threw 1 TD and 4 INTs. Yesterday, Ramart threw 3 INTs and had 0 touchdowns. Say what you want, but we saw yesterday was a kid who had not taken many live snaps and a game plan that did not get him into any kind of rhythm.

Bowden was playing to keep this a low scoring game and hope the D could win it for us. When we got behind, we had to let Ramart take throws that could hurt us if we wanted any shot of winning. 

It is tough to take a QB loss, but what happened yesterday was predictable. Kato did well against Ohio because they were totally unprepared for his running game (per Ohio players.) The game after Ohio, Nelson only threw the ball 20 times...pretty close to Ramart's attempts yesterday. You have a smaller playbook at your disposal with a less experienced player. Why you w az nt to fire Milwee and Bowden after that, is beyond me. I guess you expect them to play God and heal Kato or turn a freshman QB into a veteran.

It is what it is folks, bad luck.

1 hour ago, zipsoutsider said:

a game plan that did not get him into any kind of rhythm.

Why you w az nt to fire Milwee and Bowden after that, is beyond me. 

You really dont understand why fans are mad at the 2 people in charge of the offensive gameplan that you admit was bad and did not put our players in a position to succeed?

Edited by UAZippers