Three For Thursday [Zips @ Eagles]

Dr Z

EMU  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many first downs will the Eagles have?

2. 2. How many passing yards will the Zips have?

3. 3. How many total (both teams) touchdowns will be scored?

4. 4. Bonus: Who will lead the team in tackles?

• Brian Bell
    • Ulysees Gilbert
    • Jamal Davis
    • Alvin Davis
    • John Lako
    • Jordan George
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I picked 15 to 20 first downs for EMU, based on their play calling so far this year, and also on our habit of giving up long drives, especially as the D wears out as the second half progresses.  Don't know who will QB, but assuming it's KN, I think he'll be right about the 200 yard mark.  Since EMU tends to get their first downs via the pass, and uses short passes a lot, I'm going with Alvin for most tackles, plus he's been the most consistently high in tackles.  I think there are 3 TDs a piece in this game.  And my fearless forecast is...EMU misses a field goal at the end of the game to allow the Zips to leave Ypsi with a W.

• Like 2

When the Zips have any semblance of an offense, they can beat anyone in the MAC.

I expect, whether AR12 or KN1 is in the backfield, having 9 days to prepare allows the Zips offense to produce adequately enough to get the job done.

The Zips defense always shows up. Not worried about them.

Hope Boxen is healthy, and Bell's hammy is 9 days improved.

The Zips know this is a game they need for bowl eligibility. I think it goes down to the wire and EMU missed a game-winning field goal attempt as the final horn sounds.

Zips 24 EMU 23

Unfortunately for Akron EMU is probably the better team overall. They will have immediate motivation for their 6th win. They have beaten quality teams and played quality teams close in losses. Who knows who the Zips' QB will be. But, IF Nelson actually has a high ankle, he will not be anywhere close t 100% at this point. Those injuries are painful and cause instability. Mobility is greatly reduced as is the confidence to make normal maneuvers. He is not a pocket passer. He has to move to be effective. EMU appears to have at least a solid defense.

Who knows what Ramart might do?

10 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

When the Zips have any semblance of an offense, they can beat anyone in the MAC.

I expect, whether AR12 or KN1 is in the backfield, having 9 days to prepare allows the Zips offense to produce adequately enough to get the job done.

The Zips know this is a game they need for bowl eligibility. I think it goes down to the wire and EMU missed a game-winning field goal attempt as the final horn sounds.

Zips 24 EMU 23

You are definitely a "glass half full" guy. I hope you are right. Go Zips!

19 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Zips 24 EMU 23

The Zips had 14 days to prepare for Miami!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zip-A-Roo said:

The Zips had 14 days to prepare for Miami!

You are correct. And if the Zips turn the ball over 5 times in Ypsilanti, like the did against Miami, they'll lose to EMU too. 

Sucks that Kato got injured. He looked GREAT in his 3 quarters against NIU. Just when a Zips fan sees hope, Lucy pulls the ball away. 

Kato leads team down the field late in game.  The offensive lineman have to carry him down the field after first downs.  Our MVP Gasser kicks a game winning field goal.  We rest Kato against BGSU & Ramart squeaks out a victory to get us bowl eligible & Kato comes back & beats Ohio again in a great game.  Changes Akron Football football forever.  We all become believers, start filling the stadium & finish the climb & become MAC champs in 2019