MAC Hoops 18-19

zippy5

3 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Buffalo in the top 25 @ #25. Our NET is going to look good this year. ;)

They're legit. I watched the entire game. WVa hit them with multiple haymakers and the Bulls never flinched. Down 11, they just kept chipping away. Hit a lot of clutch shots.

Every year there's some hot MAC team that fools everyone into thinking they're legit Top 25. And then they face "real" competition and get exposed.

Fearless Forecast - They have Power 5 size and skills. That probably won't get them better than an 11 seed in the tourney, but they're going to be in the Top 25 for extended time this year.  Not a flash in the pan...Buffalo is legit.

17 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

They're legit. I watched the entire game. WVa hit them with multiple haymakers and the Bulls never flinched. Down 11, they just kept chipping away. Hit a lot of clutch shots.

Every year there's some hot MAC team that fools everyone into thinking they're legit Top 25. And they they face "real" competition and get exposed.

Fearless Forecast - They have Power 5 size and skills. That probably won't get them better than an 11 seed in the tourney, but they're going to be in the Top 25 for extended time this year.  Not a flash in the pan...Buffalo is legit.

I'm still shocked that it took them one win to get into the top 25. Syracuse, Marquette, and St Bonnies will be stiff tests. 

Zips get their first shot at UB 2/12/19 at the JAR, good news for the developing Zips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

I'm still shocked that it took them one win to get into the top 25. Syracuse, Marquette, and St Bonnies will be stiff tests. 

Zips get their first shot at UB 2/12/19 at the JAR, good news for the developing Zips.

They returned a lot of talent from last years team that knocked off Arizona in the tourney. They were already on many peoples radar because of that. Without last years tourney win they probably still wouldn't be in the top 25 right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Every year there's some hot MAC team that fools everyone into thinking they're legit Top 25. And they they face "real" competition and get exposed.

Not to mention they're well-coached. Totally agree that they're legit. You can just tell when they're on the same court as most MAC schools, they look levels above them in size, speed, athleticism, etc. 

53 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

They returned a lot of talent from last years team that knocked off Arizona in the tourney. They were already on many peoples radar because of that. Without last years tourney win they probably still wouldn't be in the top 25 right now.

Which is quite pathetic, and probably on Canada's bulletin board in the locker room.