MAC Hoops 18-19

zippy5

26 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

Buffalo up 55-52 with about 10 and a half minutes left.

As much as I want Buffalo to be knocked down a few pegs, we probably need them to keep knocking teams off.  That will help our seeding

That NIU arena.  It's a killing field.

Stupid NIU.  German pulled an Ivey.

Edited by NWAkron

15 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

For the ones who said Buffalo would run the table earlier in this thread, those comments didn't age well :rolleyes:

I believe that was me. I said that it was within their grasp ,however I did say that it was still unlikely. I have not been correct about much though. I've had 4 different teams winning the west in the last couple of weeks.  God only knows.

1 hour ago, The Hip Zip said:

I believe that was me. I said that it was within their grasp ,however I did say that it was still unlikely. I have not been correct about much though. I've had 4 different teams winning the west in the last couple of weeks.  God only knows.

I said it, too.  But yesterday when I saw they were playing at DeKalb I thought, "uh oh." This will be their first MAC loss 

Yeah, in general Buffalo is the only great in the MAC this year, but there are still a lot of decent other ones. 11 of the 12 MAC teams are in the top 50% of D1 basketball based off of the NET rankings. Buffalo will beat any team in the MAC when they bring their A game, but that's tough to do for 18 straight games. What we saw last night is Buffalo played their C game and NIU A game was good enough to beat it.

4 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

NIU is a tough place for any visiting team. The place is like a big cavern with a strange floor and bad lighting. Throw in the fact that there are usually about 2-300 actual body's in the seats and it's easy for a team to feel like they are playing in a scrimmage. 

I watched the end of the game, and it was like Buffalo was why they had to play that game.#14 in the country, all the attention, and there they were in DeKalb. Also, they lost last year at NIU. 

18 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

The place is like a big cavern with a strange floor and bad lighting. Throw in the fact that there are usually about 2-300 actual body's in the seats and it's easy for a team to feel like they are playing in a scrimmage. 

Back when KD was coaching, I had business in Wheaton IL and had a day to kill so I called coach Peters and he put me on the gate pass list, and i drove out to watch the game and spend the night.  I can echo your descriptions.  I also stayed in one of the strangest Comfort Inn's right off the interstate at the DeKalb exit I have ever been in, and it seemed to be designed the same as the basketball arena!  :D

On 1/24/2019 at 12:19 PM, ZipsVoice said:

Back when KD was coaching, I had business in Wheaton IL and had a day to kill so I called coach Peters and he put me on the gate pass list, and i drove out to watch the game and spend the night.  I can echo your descriptions.  I also stayed in one of the strangest Comfort Inn's right off the interstate at the DeKalb exit I have ever been in, and it seemed to be designed the same as the basketball arena!  :D

I remember when KDs team state at the "haunted" hotel in DeKalb and saw or heard the ghosts.

Anyone see the end of the Kent/Buffalo half?  I think the refs messed up.  

Buffalo drove  the length of the court and their player got fouled going up for the layup with 0.2 on clock but didn’t release until after 0.0 on clock and he made it.  To me he should have been awardeddd the basket and a free throw as the clock stops with the foul and he was in the shooting motion.  The refs put 0.2 on the clock and called it a one and one instead and the Buffalo player missed it.

3 minutes ago, zippyfan34 said:

Anyone see the end of the Kent/Buffalo half?  I think the refs messed up.  

Buffalo drove  the length of the court and their player got fouled going up for the layup with 0.2 on clock but didn’t release until after 0.0 on clock and he made it.  To me he should have been awardeddd the basket and a free throw as the clock stops with the foul and he was in the shooting motion.  The refs put 0.2 on the clock and called it a one and one instead and the Buffalo player missed it.

They gave the shooter 2 shots because he was fouled in the act of shooting before the buzzer, but he didn't release it before the buzzer therefore the make didn't count. The Buffalo player missed both free throws