MAC Hoops 18-19

zippy5

54 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

It's still February. Did you guys really expect for them to start marketing the MAC tournament already? We'll probably hear about any promotions the week of the tournament.

I got an email from the sales rep I usually get my tickets through on January 11th.

1 hour ago, The Hip Zip said:

Buffalo  being made to work a full 40 to put away gritty Miami gives hope to all who make their way to the Q. Both games tonight  were pretty darn entertaining. Love the direction this conference as a hole  is heading.  Miami may be a real handful next season.

I look for Central, maybe PCCC, to surprise them if they are in the same bracket.  Toledo chokes.   Akron' s ideal spot would be 6 or 7 seed... preferably 6.  That would put Zips in the BGSU quarter and Ohio first round.

Pathetic marketing by the MAC. Their main commercial on 92.3 The Fan talks about the MAC Tournament, but fails to mention that a ticket to the Big Dance is on the line. Average listener isn't going to give a crap without knowing the prize. 

Bring in Jackie Moon. We need the Flint Michigan Mega Bowl. 

6 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

Worst case scenario, we lose and Northern and Miami win, do we still get a home game if we are all tied at 8-10?

A 3+ team tie-breaker is resolved via combined records against one another. It would go

7) NIU (2-1)

8) Akron (2-2)

9) Miami (1-2)