MAC Hoops 18-19

zippy5

2 hours ago, 1981 grad said:

Bobby Hurley parlayed his short time in Buffalo into a $2.1 million/year gig at ASU (plus bonuses).  And Hurley really looks like a happy guy with all that money.

I used to think the day the Browns would be good, Hell would freeze over and pigs would fly. 

Well, the Browns are now one of the Super Bowl favorites, and Hell didn't freeze over nor are pigs flying. I'm thinking it might be more attributed to Hurley. 

My new prediction: the day Hurley relaxes is the day Hell freezes over and pigs fly. 

Really disappointed in O-Boo-Hoo's decision. Here's to hoping they don't find a Bobby Hurley, Nate Oats or John Groce. :cheers:

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

2 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Ohio finding a good coach would go a long way to helping the MAC become a regular two bid league. Between Oates, Groce, and hopefully their new hire, the MAC could be a nice conference assuming we get back to where we expect to be

Hey now ... what about me?

pinky.jpg

• Haha 1

The MAC is the only league that has divisions (east,west) in this day in age& why?(no other leagues do this none).Akron is better than the MAC,get out if everyone calling for change start there.Akron’s location allows them to play on the eastern coast or mid-Atlantic or midwestern.The MAC is hold Akron back!Leave!

On 3/14/2019 at 9:52 PM, monrowe said:

The MAC is the only league that has divisions (east,west) in this day in age& why?(no other leagues do this none).Akron is better than the MAC,get out if everyone calling for change start there.Akron’s location allows them to play on the eastern coast or mid-Atlantic or midwestern.The MAC is hold Akron back!Leave!

And just what conference would you propose for the Zips??  You previously stated "Akron doesn’t have the personal to be good in any sport except soccer."  What conference would want that?

Arizona State -St. Johns winner vs. Buffalo in Tulsa, OK, approx. 4:00pm Friday TNT

Toledo at Xavier in the NIT, 7;00pm Wednesday ESPN3

Central Michigan at DePaul in the CBI, 8:00pm Wednesday

PCCC at Louisiana-Monroe in the CiT, 8:00pm Thursday

Edited by GJGood
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

And just what conference would you propose for the Zips??  You previously stated "Akron doesn’t have the personal to be good in any sport except soccer."  What conference would want that?

Soccer the Big East or ACC just because of there styles of playing.

Basketball Conference USA in that conference they could recruit better players.

Football the The OAC just imagine playing Mount Union & John Carroll at least the football stadium would be half full.Division one football doesn’t seem to be working? Maybe The Missouri conference?Or no football 

As for the other sports the could stay in the Mac ?

You can't pick and choose your conference by sport. Where your basketball program is where your olympic sports need to be. The lone exception is if your conference doesn't sponsor a sport then it can join another conference for that sport as an affiiliate.

C-USA basketball has gone way downhill since Memphis got poached. Hell pretty much the only way to watch any the games is via facebook watch. They have next to no national tv games. Even calling it a lateral move would be generous.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

You can't pick and choose your conference by sport. Where your basketball program is where your olympic sports need to be. The lone exception is if your conference doesn't sponsor a sport then it can join another conference for that sport as an affiiliate.

C-USA basketball has gone way downhill since Memphis and Cincy got poached. Hell pretty much the only way to watch any the games is via facebook watch. They have next to no national tv games. Even calling it a lateral move would be generous.

People that sell popcorn want you to watch games on tv,the school would like butts in the seats,go to the game!

Everthing except soccer to the OAC, then you can have fans and compete?

51 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Mount Union won the OAC this season and still managed to only draw 137 fans to this mid-January game. If the goal is to kill any interest in the basketball program than yes drop down to D3.

http://athletics.mountunion.edu/sports/mbkb/2018-19/boxscores/20190118_3966.xml?view=boxscore

Wow They had more people at there D III Basketball game  then at Akron football game.

9 hours ago, GJGood said:

Arizona State -St. Johns winner vs. Buffalo in Tulsa, OK, approx. 4:00pm Friday TNT

Toledo at Xavier in the NIT, 7;00pm Wednesday ESPN3

Central Michigan at DePaul in the CBI, 8:00pm Wednesday

PCCC at Louisiana-Monroe in the CiT, 8:00pm Thursday

I was really hoping that there would be more than four MAC teams playing in the postseason. Did I miss someone?

38 minutes ago, GJGood said:

I was really hoping that there would be more than four MAC teams playing in the postseason. Did I miss someone?

Not really a surprise. Now that the novelty has worn off from the CIT and CBI it seems many teams aren't interested in a pay to play tourney.

9 hours ago, monrowe said:

People that sell popcorn want you to watch games on tv,the school would like butts in the seats,go to the game!

Everthing except soccer to the OAC, then you can have fans and compete?

Do you really think that a 17,000 student university belongs in a conference with schools whose largest enrollment is 4,000?  None of them even has an athletic facility that seats over 3,000.  I get that the MAC is an issue but do we really want the entire athletic program to just throw in the towel?

• Like 1

The fact that monrowe is a new poster here and his tag is from Washington DC tells me he's one of those elected officials that sure knows a thing or two about what they're talking about!  Heck, let's legislate change to the whole damn N-C-A-A to make it easier for anyone to identify as whatever conference they feel like being in today!  :bow:  Either that or he's a 23 year old living in his elected official Mom or Dad's basement, just trolling to get attention....sad....:unsure:

16 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Do you really think that a 17,000 student university belongs in a conference with schools whose largest enrollment is 4,000?  None of them even has an athletic facility that seats over 3,000.  I get that the MAC is an issue but do we really want the entire athletic program to just throw in the towel?

Holiday road,

With all things considered I’m thinking the OAC might be the most efficient choice for the UofA with out being emotional,most businesses is done with what makes cents??