Sign in to follow this  
zippy5

MAC Hoops 18-19

If you had Ohio U +48 tonight you have a winner.  I would suspect that Saul will be terminated at seasons end.

Edited by The Hip Zip

9 hours ago, NWAkron said:

I thought there were only 3 games left  it 5 .  Zips can n secure a 6 or 7 seed by winning there last 3 home games.  PCcC doesn't have Avery.  NIU imploding and Miami has a tougher schedule.

Is it too early to have some of what he was having?

23 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Is it too early to have some of what he was having?

Watching Zips basketball this season will have that effect.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

The latest: 

D0YWudEX4AISo0t.jpeg

Zips are playing with fire.  6 or 7 seed would be ideal if not in top 4.

We really need to go at least 2-1 in these next 3. That should secure us that 6/7 seed. This weekends game against OU we really need as on paper it's the most winnable game we have left. The last 2 will be tough, but I feel we can split those.

Eastern Michigan is the 8 seed at 0-2 vs the Zips and Miami while the Zips and Miami are 1-1 vs each other. Miami the six seed based on better divisional record (4-3 vs 3-4 for the Zips).  

I'd much rather host OU over Ball State the 1st round. I actually feel Ball State has talent, but for whatever reason has been underachieving all season. For the 2nd round, I'd obviously like to stay on opposite side of bracket as UB. Between the other 4 teams (UT, BG, CMU, and Kent) contending for the 2-5 seeds, the only team I wouldn't like to face in the 2nd round is Toledo. 

• Like 1

Has anybody seen anything about an Ohio Lottery/MAC Tournament 2 for 1 deal yet this year? It always seems to be hard to find.

39 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Has anybody seen anything about an Ohio Lottery/MAC Tournament 2 for 1 deal yet this year? It always seems to be hard to find.

Clark?  This is your wheelhouse.

14 hours ago, JimmieJ48 said:

I found this link conference tournament bracket generator. Thought I'd share it in case anyone wanted to play around with it. 

http://bball.notnothing.net/mac.php?sport=mbb

Good news - I haven't been able to run a scenario where the Zips lose any tiebreakers for the fourth seed if they finish 10-8. Bad news - if either KSU or CMU wins two of their final three,  the fourth seed possibility is non-existent.  Edit - I found one -  Akron, CMU, Miami and EMU all finish 10-8, Akron loses the four seed to CMU. 

Edited by MDZip
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Clark?  This is your wheelhouse.

Haven't seen anything yet.  If all else fails, I may just mug NWAkron and steal his tickets.  I have to find my ski mask and lead pipe just in case. 

35 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Haven't seen anything yet.  If all else fails, I may just mug NWAkron and steal his tickets.  I have to find my ski mask and lead pipe just in case. 

I called the MAC, but got the voicemail of the person they forwarded me to. Rather than play phone tag, I sent the guy an email. I'll let you guys know if/when they respond.

40 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Just ran at him with a TShirt Cannon. As he turns to run away, he'll drop the tickets. Less messy. 

@NWAkron :wave:

• Sad 2

It's still February. Did you guys really expect for them to start marketing the MAC tournament already? We'll probably hear about any promotions the week of the tournament.

• Sad 1