MAC Hoops 18-19

zippy5

On 1/6/2019 at 3:31 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

PPCCC (Pinky's Portage County Community College) and Ohio BFE (Ohio, well, you know what it means) going down, at home, to BUGS and NIU respectively, the former being a 22-pt beatdown, is flat out awesome. 

Props to the Zips for overcoming an off day, and that's putting it nicely. 

That's classic Mr. Pinky.  Beat Vandy and Oregon State away and lose at home to a team that got thumped by Detroit Mercy  and Cleveland State.  

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Buffalo's performance vs. Toledo will shape postseason play    by John Gasaway ESPN Insider

"... the MAC is currently ranked No. 9 in Division I at KenPom, marking the league's best showing in the past 15 years. ..."

And just when Dambrot leaves.... 

Is KD the Ken Lolla of Akron hoops?:D

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I would easily take the field to win 1 game this season vs Buffalo.

They will be 29-1 or something like that going into the NCAA tournament.  If losing to Kent in the final game will put the Zips on the opposite side of the bracket then I say put KLac, Smith, Walters, and Eman in for the 2nd half 

Honestly, with the way we play defense if we somehow have a night where we shoot the ball somewhat decent , I think we'd have a chance of beating Buffalo in 1 of our potential 3 match-ups. That being said, with our inconsistent offense (can I really call it that since it's actually consistently bad?) and inability to win tight games, I don't give us much of a chance of winning 3 games in 3 days.

I want to take this opportunity to castigate all of ZipsNation for failing to heartily congratulate Mr. Pinky on becoming PCCC's all-time leader in coaching wins.

Being the PCCC leader in all time wins is like being Crash Davis in Bull Durham, the all-time leader in minor league home runs.  It means you were never good enough to move up. :tomato: