MAC Hoops 18-19

zippy5

4 hours ago, MDZip said:

In one of those if the MAC tournament started today ... The Zips would be the fourth seed. They have an awfully difficult schedule in front of them but they certainly have the opportunity now. 

I think at the beginning of the season, if the Zips would be approaching the halfway point of February with control of their own destiny, 90% of the fans would have taken it. 

I really like the position we're in, and I like how we're playing. This is going to be a fun next month. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

O-BooWhoo just went down to Miami by 20. I love Saul Ball!

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

UB up 11 and Larry Austin fouled out. This game is over.

It got close with under 2 minutes left.  Final score deceiving.   Today's results:

1.  Hawkins and Phillips have to be gone.

2.  Things are really bunched up.  If Toledo wins tonight, it becomes wide open 

We are doing better than last year with an almost completely new roster.  Groce has these guys playing good defense.  We just blew out Kent State.  Banks Cheese and Jackson can take the ball to the hoop and score.  If we can shoot well like we did on Friday we can be dangerous.  I like that we play Ohio and Miami at home.

15 hours ago, zippy5 said:

It's not showing up for me. What is it?

Heck of a turnaround by Groce and company from last year to this year. We gave the MAC Tourney a good run last year with less than we have this year. We control our own destiny, and I love it. Gonna be a fun final month!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Heck of a turnaround by Groce and company from last year to this year. We gave the MAC Tourney a good run last year with less than we have this year. We control our own destiny, and I love it. Gonna be a fun final month!

It's incredibly stupid.  Toledo player hits his teammate in the face...I guess accidentally...and hits him hard 

Eugene German of NIU, the 2nd leader scorer in the MAC, has been suspended indefinitely. Apparently he's been arrested on two different occasions in 2019 for driving on a suspended license.  

https://www.daily-chronicle.com/2019/02/09/niu-basketball-with-german-suspended-indefinitely-huskies-fall-at-eastern-michigan/dempipr/

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

A Toledo player accidentally hit his teammate in the face (eye?) while trying to give him a high-five.

After tonight, Zips still have a chance at the 4th seed, although, I think they would benefit by an extra game before heading to Cleveland.  Ohio, WMU are the bottom two and NIU is imploding, so the games against BSU and Miami are huge for the Zips.  Would be nice to get a first round home game against the Broncos.