Jump to content
zippy5

MAC Hoops 18-19

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Defense...game was in upper 80s

Buffalo had 49 at the half. BG played great defense in the 2nd half and used that to turn an 8 point half-time deficit into an 11 point lead with 3 minutes left. Buffalo stormed back and actually missed a 3 that would have tied it near the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Buffalo had 49 at the half. BG played great defense in the 2nd half and used that to turn an 8 point half-time deficit into an 11 point lead with 3 minutes left. Buffalo stormed back and actually missed a 3 that would have tied it near the end.

Thanks.  Sorry.  Only caught first half.  Stand corrected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Really wish Buffalo would've been ranked when they came to the JAR. Not sure if they deserve it/I see it happening with 2 MAC losses.

They still might be. They only dropped 4 spots when they lost to NIU and BGSU is better than NIU. It really just depends on how the other teams in the 20-30 range do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Whitford (Balls' coach) should be relieved of his duties after this fiasco. He should not be allowed to coach another game this season. That was an embarrassing choke job, and Can't tried to lose the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 2:28 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

James Whitford (Balls' coach) should be relieved of his duties after this fiasco. He should not be allowed to coach another game this season. That was an embarrassing choke job, and Can't tried to lose the game. 

Gotta admit though, that was one of the more unique ways to win a ballgame by KSU. Even made #1 on Sportscenter's Top Plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Gotta admit though, that was one of the more unique ways to win a ballgame by KSU. Even made #1 on Sportscenter's Top Plays.

 

Totally agree. A no-call travel at the top of the key to setup the backboard play was very unique. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

The Ball State player traveled when he hit the 3-pointer to force OT. It all evened out.

 

 

 

That is very, very true. The James Harden step back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buffalo stays ranked at #23. Let's hope they can manage not losing until we face them. Would love the chance to knock off a ranked team at the JAR, especially Buffalo!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I find great is NC State lost so badly to #11 VA Tech that they went from being ranked to not even receiving a single vote. I'm not surprised to see Buffalo still ranked. As I mentioned previously, their loss to NIU dropped them only 4 spots. They would have needed to fall 8 spots, if I remember their ranking last week correctly, to slide out of the top 25 and BG is better than NIU. Buffalo doesn't have a game until Saturday so as long as they beat CMU @ home, which I strongly feel they will, they will be ranked when they come to Akron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Buffalo stays ranked at #23. Let's hope they can manage not losing until we face them. Would love the chance to knock off a ranked team at the JAR, especially Buffalo!

Buffalo is one game ahead of us. I hope they lose every non-KSU and BUGS game at this point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zippy5 said:

Buffalo is one game ahead of us. I hope they lose every non-KSU and BUGS game at this point

Well we technically control our own destiny, so I don't have a problem with them winning. I'll take beating a ranked team at home (have we ever beaten a ranked team in history??) vs being a 2 seed instead of a 1 anyways. Not that I think we'll realistically be a 1 or 2 seed, but seeding seems to be the reasoning in your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually with @zippy5 on this. Akron hangs banners for regular season championships, not 2nd or 3rd place finishes. Winning a regular season title also guarantees us nothing worse than a NIT postseason appearance.

Edited by kreed5120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I'm actually with @zippy5 on this. Akron hangs banners for regular season championships, not 2nd or 3rd place finishes. Winning a regular season title also guarantees us nothing worse than a NIT postseason appearance.

Groce is not a regular season type of guy.   I simply want the bottom 4 to separate themselves so we have a home game.or straight to the Q.   Zips have the roughest schedule ahead playing all of best teams (Toledo, Buffalo, PCCC, and BG) and three of them twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Well we technically control our own destiny, so I don't have a problem with them winning. I'll take beating a ranked team at home (have we ever beaten a ranked team in history??) vs being a 2 seed instead of a 1 anyways. Not that I think we'll realistically be a 1 or 2 seed, but seeding seems to be the reasoning in your post.

I can buy that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Groce is not a regular season type of guy.   I simply want the bottom 4 to separate themselves so we have a home game.or straight to the Q.   Zips have the roughest schedule ahead playing all of best teams (Toledo, Buffalo, PCCC, and BG) and three of them twice.

I can understand this logic. We have 3 tough games coming up @Toledo, vs. Kent, and vs. Buffalo. If we go 1-2 or worse during that stretch, I'll probably adopt this philosophy. If we go 2-1 or better, I'm going to continue holding out hope that we can win the MAC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami managed to give the game away.  Per the broadcast, Kent is 8-0 in games decided by 5 points or less.  Let's hope for an Akron blowout on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this isn't how the team and coaches look at it but BG, Buffalo, PCCC, and Toledo look like the top 4 seeds.  As a fan I'm looking at grabbing one of the 5-8 seeds.  NIU needs to get their act together at home tonight 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NWAkron said:

NIU needs to get their act together at home tonight 

Annnnnd so much for that

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 9:55 AM, kreed5120 said:

The Ball State player traveled when he hit the 3-pointer to force OT. It all evened out.

 

 

The MAC posted this as one of the top 5 plays of the week. I thought Geez, isnt that a blatant travel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...