Game 3- Chicago State Cougars

clarkwgriswold

20 minutes ago, zipfan84 said:

Sayles is blocking everything coming his way. He needs more PT!

I think he's going to start taking some time away from Poke.  He had a nice showing tonight.

Toles looked lost on both ends, bu he is still settling in.

Glad to see our kids not back down to the thugs.

• Like 1

Very thin attendance tonight.   The first half there seemed to be a whistle a minute and most of the fouls were against Chicago State.  We outscored them at the foul line something like 21-2.  We were quicker and they committed a lot of reach in fouls and blocks.  Once again we did not shoot the ball well from 3 point land the first half.  In the second half we shot it much better and we were around 40%. (Seems to be the pattern) We played good defense but Chicago could not shoot the ball well and they were 1 for 10 from 3 point line.  There point guard was good and was the only consistent scorer.  I know we won by 40 points but it is difficult to judge  how good this team is considering the competition.  I think this team will hit a brick wall the first time they face good competition but I hope I am wrong.  I agree that Sayles is outplaying Poke and I expect him to get more time.  The more I watch Klac play the more he looks like he will sit the bench this year and not see any meaningful minutes.  Picked up 4 fouls in 4 minutes.  He did score 2 points from the foul line and hit a nice 6 foot jump shot.

Note to self #1 - the next time I think I'm too tired to make the trip to the JAR and it would just be easier to stream ESPN3 or +, check to see who is calling the game first. Reghi is just too much to bear anymore ... and he's calling the football game today as well. 

Year 2 and the Zips look more than fine. Seems like a great group of guys and I appreciate how they handled themselves during and after the skirmish at the end of the 1st half. Particularly enjoyed Banks, Utomi, Sayles, Cheese, Ivey and Walter. Quality guys advancing the program. You can tell they've all put in a lot of hard work and I appreciate that they seem to play well together. 

Note to self #2 - log in to Outlook at work and make sure 2-hour meeting has been scheduled for 11a Monday.

Go Zips!!!

Edited by GoZips88

16 hours ago, akronzips71 said:

Klac has been a big (no pun intended) disappointment. But it is so hard to give up on a guy that size

He is what he is.  He got on the floor a lot last year due to injuries and depth issues in the transition.  He's the rare kid who will play less in his sophomore year than his freshman year.  If some day he is an 8 point, 5 rebound guy, he'll have done well with is skill set.  If we see more than 6 or 8 minutes a game from him this season, we'll know the Zips are in trouble.

17 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Above the bench in the lower bowl? Those seats are awesome.

No, I am too cheap for that.  Gave up my power bowl seats 3 or 4 years ago.  I alternate sitting in the north bleachers looking right down on the bench with sitting at center court all the way at the top.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GoZips88 said:

Note to self #1 - the next time I think I'm too tired to make the trip to the JAR and it would just be easier to stream ESPN3 or +, check to see who is calling the game first. Reghi is just too much to bear anymore ... and he's calling the football game today as well. 

Year 2 and the Zips look more than fine. Seems like a great group of guys and I appreciate how they handled themselves during and after the skirmish at the end of the 1st half. Particularly enjoyed Banks, Utomi, Sayles, Cheese, Ivey and Walter. Quality guys advancing the program. You can tell they've all put in a lot of hard work and I appreciate that they seem to play well together. 

Note to self #2 - log in to Outlook at work and make sure 2-hour meeting has been scheduled for 11a Monday.

Go Zips!!!

Please invite me to your meeting!