NCAA Tournament

28 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Rule 12.2.1 in the NCAA Soccer rule book gives an indirect free kick for “a goalkeeper taking longer than 6 seconds to release the ball.”

http://www.ncaapublications.com/p-4544-2018-and-2019-soccer-rules.aspx

Edit1: Must be the difference between the GK holding the ball too long vs putting it on the ground and taking too long to kick it.

Edit2: Given that the Rider player was harassing Ben and not giving him the required (by rules) space to put the ball back into play, the 6 second rule should not have been applied.

Horrific officiating.  Deplorable.

56 minutes ago, chris said:

Here's a better clip of that "time wasting" foul. Notice 

Here's a better shot of that play.

Untitled3.mp4

To my shock and dismay, head referee Brian Miller is an instructor of referees.

https://www.ussoccer.com/referees/resource-center/contacts/ohn

Brian Miller should have simply informed  # 21 that he was wasting his own time by harassing the GK.

And if that is a legal soccer play, why does not everyone employ the same tactic every match, all match long?

He is very fortunate no score resulted from that Indirect Free Kick.

Absurd.

Been a busy week, but I've been meaning to chime in here...

The seeding was fair. The Akron men's soccer brand is well established and recognized. We were borderline for getting a seed and lost 3-1 at home to Syracuse among other mysterious losses throughout the season. Syracuse was seeded one slot ahead of us, fine and fair.

That said, we have played well below our potential most of the season. Do you think there is a team that Syracuse and Wake would least like to face this early in the Tournament than us? I don't. Any one, any where, any time!

Syracuse will play tough, but I think we have an overall edge in talent. If we continue to play as we have the past 2-3 weeks, 3-2 in favor of the Zips. Syracuse has lost five in a row and haven't played since the end of October.

The opening NCAAT home game against a recently accomplished and respectable opponent (even if no name to Joe Akron) that we have never played was interesting and nice to have in spite of the poor weather. I was impressed with both teams' ability to pass and control the ball in spite of the field conditions. Maybe it wasn't as bad on the field as it looked on TV? It was great to be able to watch in HD on my TV while the weather outside here in MD was also terrible.

• Like 2

No streaming! C'mon, you can stream it on Periscope with nothing more than a smartphone.

An ESPN sideline reporter once actually did this when a lacrosse game (the ACC championship game) was literally flooded by a sudden rainstorm and had to be moved to another field for the last 10 minutes of the game.

• Like 3

No streaming is just plain bullsh!t. I just watched the end of the Duquesne-Radford bball game broadcast on ESPN+ from a high school gymnasium. MORE than enough time to set up a feed. Absolute total BS from a school K-N-O-W-N for their Communications program ...  :puke:

Edited by GoZips88

15 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

No streaming is just plain bullsh!t. I just watched the end of the Duquesne-Radford bball game broadcast on ESPN+ from a high school gymnasium. MORE than enough time to set up a feed. Absolute total BS from a school K-N-O-W-N for their communications program ...  :puke:

Where's Bob Costas when you really need him?!

18 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

No streaming is just plain bullsh!t. I just watched the end of the Duquesne-Radford bball game broadcast on ESPN+ from a high school gymnasium. MORE than enough time to set up a feed. Absolute total BS from a school K-N-O-W-N for their communications program ...  :puke:

Correct.  Known for their Communictions program.  One might think they would find a way.

Akron soccer web site does show a link to live stats from ncaa.com

weather.com shows snow showers for Hamilton,NY at 1:00

and forecast shows snow as the forecast for 2:00 and 3:00..high of 30 degrees and 6 mph wind

since there is no live streaming, it would be very nice if the Akron soccer Sports Info person would tweet more often ...than just at halftime and at the end of the game....

However, we have learned to expect very little from the Akron soccer sports info person

https://gozips.com/news/2018/11/17/mens-soccer-zips-set-for-ncaa-tournament-second-round-match-against-syracuse.aspx

4 hours ago, TennZip said:

since there is no live streaming, it would be very nice if the Akron soccer Sports Info person would tweet more often ...than just at halftime and at the end of the game....

However, we have learned to expect very little from the Akron soccer sports info person

I knew that somehow there would be someone or more who could find blame in the UA Admin for this....it's got to be OUR fault somewhere along the line....!  How DARE they allow Syracuse to not live stream this game!!!!!  :rofl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZipsVoice said:

I knew that somehow there would be someone or more who could find blame in the UA Admin for this....it's got to be OUR fault somewhere along the line....!  How DARE they allow Syracuse to not live stream this game!!!!!  :rofl:

quit standing up for Palchick.

he is at the game...

he is getting paid...

he needs to do a competent job..

Trust me....I am cussing Syracuse out every bit as much as you

• Like 1

Craptastic on no stream. Heading to my in-laws side of Thanksgiving in a bit with father-in-law being a proud 'cuse grad. Can't wait to let him know what I think about his high-tech Communications program. Can't figure out how to throw up a stream given at least a day's lead time? Gimme a break. Shame on Colgate (another high-dollar private institution) too.

Edited by GoZips88
  • Like 2