NCAA Tournament

1 minute ago, bigzipguy said:

It is tough to play Thursday night and then have to travel and play Sun afternoon. THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb:

Tuesday, Friday, Sunday (MAC Tourney) :champs: ; Thursday, Sunday (NCAA Tourney) ... 5-6 days rest is well-deserved!!! 

I wanted to take a minute to give a tremendous amount of credit to Coach Embick and his coaching staff.

With 18 new players.....including 2 that had played 3 years for other programs, this had to be one of the most challenging years that Coach Embick has encountered.

Without being able to see the match and just by following tweets and live stats, I would have to say that Abdi Mohammed was the MVP today.

He scored the first goal and Marcel scored the 2nd goal on a rebound shot after the goalie could not contain Abdi's shot.

This coaching staff was using Abdi in the midfield and up front....and they made the decision to move him to right DB.

If you look back at the lineups for the first Syracuse game and the BG game right after it, Colin Biros was no where to be found.   This coaching staff knew when young Mr. Biros was ready to contribute.   Morgan Hackworth was not in the starting lineup for the BG game.    Morgan has developed so much during his time at Akron.   I never expected that Morgan would start and be a key player.  Coach Embick and his staff know that Morgan is a winner.  Tremendous credit to Colin and Morgan for their work ethic.

I am not sure if there was an injury to Pol Hernandez but the insertion of Daniel Strachan into the starting lineup today really appeared to be a wise move.  Daniel had several shots in the first half and he is a force on corner kicks (with his size)

The zips soccer program is in good hands with Coach Embick and his staff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TennZip said:

I wanted to take a minute to give a tremendous amount of credit to Coach Embick and his coaching staff.

With 18 new players.....including 2 that had played 3 years for other programs, this had to be one of the most challenging years that Coach Embick has encountered.

Without being able to see the match and just by following tweets and live stats, I would have to say that Abdi Mohammed was the MVP today.

He scored the first goal and Marcel scored the 2nd goal on a rebound shot after the goalie could not contain Abdi's shot.

This coaching staff was using Abdi in the midfield and up front....and they made the decision to move him to right DB.

If you look back at the lineups for the first Syracuse game and the BG game right after it, Colin Biros was no where to be found.   This coaching staff knew when young Mr. Biros was ready to contribute.   Morgan Hackworth was not in the starting lineup for the BG game.    Morgan has developed so much during his time at Akron.   I never expected that Morgan would start and be a key player.  Coach Embick and his staff know that Morgan is a winner.  Tremendous credit to Colin and Morgan for their work ethic.

I am not sure if there was an injury to Pol Hernandez but the insertion of Daniel Strachan into the starting lineup today really appeared to be a wise move.  Daniel had several shots in the first half and he is a force on corner kicks (with his size)

True Dat!!  Constantly losing players after a year or two....reloading.....getting them to gel.  Absolutely Amazing!!!

12 minutes ago, TennZip said:

Abdi Mohammed had a nightmarish outing when Syracuse visited earlier these season.  I love redemption stories.

Colin Biros is turning into yet another Akron passing machine, joining a long list of too many to mention.  The most recent on that list is Adam Najem.  That seems a fair comparison for now.

Morgan Hackworth possesses superb tactical awareness, almost as if he were the son of a coach.  No, wait....

Personally, I really prefer the back line of Milanese, Strachan, Ritaccio, Mohammed.

Coach Embick is pulling all the right levers.

Edited by fknbuflobo

3 hours ago, SBZipfan said:

Great win, congrats to the Zips!

Mid season, did anyone think the Sweet Sixteen was a realistic possibility? Getting here is a tribute to this team's inherent talent and resilience.

3 hours ago, TennZip said:

3 hours ago, a-zip said:

True Dat!!  Constantly losing players after a year or two....reloading.....getting them to gel.  Absolutely Amazing!!!

3 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Coach Embick is pulling all the right levers.

Very happy to read these comments from others. Our team has had its difficulties, but I know everyone has worked hard to continue our successful program. So happy to see that hard work paying off for our players, coaches, staff, and fans. So sweet!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1