NCAA Tournament

12 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Will this be in the Tommy Evans Lounge? This is a very odd & vague advertisement considering basketball will presumably still be playing at 8:30pm. 

Basketball plays at 5 on Saturday....no game Friday.  Women BB Saturday afternoon....

17 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

Basketball plays at 5 on Saturday....no game Friday.  Women BB Saturday afternoon....

Oh shoot. For some reason I thought this game was on Saturday. Basketball is at 7 on Saturday I believe, but that's irrelevant due to my date screw up. :tomato:

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

13 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Oh shoot. For some reason I thought this game was on Saturday. Basketball is at 7 on Saturday I believe, but that's irrelevant due to my date screw up. :tomato:

https://gozips.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Men's Basketball is at 5 pm Saturday unless you're somewhere out in the Atlantic Ocean. :D

Edit: Women's Basketball is at 2 pm Saturday. https://gozips.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball

Edited by Zip_ME87

2 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

https://gozips.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Men's Basketball is at 5 pm Saturday unless you're somewhere out in the Atlantic Ocean. :D

I was looking at the Alabama State game. :tomato:

Maybe I should be done posting for a while. I don't want to be the reason only 100 people show up to the Detroit game at 5pm, and 3000 people show up at 7. 

Beat Stanford. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, ZipsVoice said:

Thanks for this shot fknbuflobo....this is pretty definitive to me......

What a great picture of the offsides.  It shows that the AR was in a great position to make the call and that the defender was behind the wake forest player when the ball was played.  However, it is very close on whether the Wake Forest player scoring the goal was in front of the ball when it was played.  If he was not in front of the ball when it was played it would not be an offsides pass.  I think it was a 50/50 call that went our way.  A gutsy call from the AR against the home team.

• Like 1

Found this explanation on Twitter. It appears that Ben actually deflected what was a shot on goal and the rebound was redirected into the goal.

"Rebound off goal keeper to a player offside is offside. If a defender attempts to play ball but missed header or wiffs a clearing pass and ball goes to offside player then it’s not offside under new college rule. Good call since goal was deflected by goal keeper to offside player. Go Zips!"

• Like 1

My focus up to this point has been on the WF player who 'passed' the ball to the teammate who 'scored' the goal. I thought it was very questionable as to whether the passer was offside when the initial pass into the box was made to him. I didn't know the deflection rule and also didn't see that Lundt actually deflected the ball. Looks a little more obvious to me in freeze frame that the WF player closest to the goal was indeed offside and most if not all of the Akron players felt that he was offside as well (lots of arms raised in the air). Thanks Hilltopper! Makes our defeat of #1 Wake Forest all the sweeter.

Looking forward to and expecting a much better match against the Trees than we saw last year. Go Zips!

Edited by GoZips88

Playstation Vue subscriber here so PAC-12 Network channels are nowhere to be found. From what I've been able to gather, DirecTV subscribers are also out of luck. Only a 'LIVE STATS' link currently up on GoZips.com. Are any of you aware of home viewing options for some of us unfortunates?

amazing scoreless streak...BUT !!! check out the last person to score a run of play goal against them !!!

can you say 1-0 Zip win....with Abdi scoring the Zip goal ?   I am predicting it and it will happen !!! :thumb: :champs:  :):)

https://gostanford.com/news/2018/11/28/mens-soccer-quarterfinal-at-cagan.aspx

The Cardinal owns an active NCAA-record postseason shutout streak of 14 consecutive matches and 1,414:20 of match time. It last surrendered an NCAA tournament goal in the quarterfinals at Wake Forest on Dec. 5, 2015, an Ian Harkes penalty in the 70th minute. Stanford hasn't conceded a goal during the run of play in the tournament in the last 1,512:37, since Ohio State's Abdi Mohamed headed one home at 61:41 in a third-round match on Nov. 29, 2015.

• Like 1

I love the celebration photo in the e-mail advertising photo

They are doing a good job promoting this event...

I have been critical of the athletic dept over the years for lack of promotion...but I will give them a well done on this one...

living 650 miles away from Akron, I will not be at the watch party....but I hope that there are lots of NEO fans....that are there  cheering the hard working guys

there are 30 some soccer zips...I think only 22 guys travel...so I would that the guys redshirting this year will be at the watch party

Go zips...Thank You Larry Williams and the athletic department for making this happen

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TennZip said:

I have been critical of the athletic dept over the years for lack of promotion...but I will give them a well done on this one...

TennZip, I know I have been critical of your criticism at time as well, and my apologies for that.  This was a nice post by you, and I agree, this is something I haven't seen them try in a long time.  I'm hoping it works out,, and I plan on being there and look forward to sharing with other fans rather than watching at home alone.  Sorry you'll miss it, and thanks for posting this. 

• Like 1

Travis Clark is once again doing his predictions

He is predicting that there will be 3 big ten teams in the college cup

there will definitely be one unseeded team (the winner of James Madison vs. Michigan State)....

I am hoping that there are 2 :champs:

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/mens-division-i-quarterfinal-preview_aid45559

• Like 1