NCAA Tournament

@TennZip 

Thanks for posting all of these great articles. I've been a bit pre-occupied with work and family and not as able to keep up with all of this as I would like. Our team deserves so much attention. I wish I could have traveled to Stanford, but it just wasn't possible with other commitments. The team knows we are with them and support them, and I'm certain our posts here and on other social media let them know we are with them.

I'd also like to say that I completely agree with your comments about the watch party at the JAR tonight. Many thanks to the University of Akron and the UA Athletics Department for putting it together. Other than being at the match in person at Stanford, there is no better place locally to watch this match than with our players who didn't travel and with other Zips Men's Soccer fans.

I know a few fans who are traveling to Stanford. I hope others, of whom I'm not aware, are traveling and that there will be Zips alumni and fans in California who are able to attend. We had a nice group of fans at Wake Forest who congregated together to support our team and each other and to ensure we were heard. Hopefully, the same will occur at Stanford.

GO ZIPS!!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I haven't scouted Stanford, nor do I know much about them this year. However, based on two observations (5 ties and a lot of talk about their back line), my biggest question is about their attack. Last year, they had one or two really good forwards. What's their attack like this year?

DEFENDING CHAMPION THREE F*****G YEARS RUNNING!

Stanford play for the draw, hoping to go to PKs, thereby choking the very life out of NCAA Soccer. 

Lest you forget, Jeremy Gunn's previous coaching job was at Charlotte in 2011. 

Remember that?  Zips really owe this guy - big time.

https://www.collegesoccernews.com/i...lite-eight-contests-the-road-to-santa-barbara

"Redshirt freshman forward Zach Ryan (9g, 3a), senior forward Amir Bashti (7g, 6a) and junior back Tanner Beason (7g, 5a), the Pac-12 Player of the Year, power a very good but not necessarily vintage Stanford attack that has produced a total of thirty-one goals. This team does not have a Jordan Morris or a duo up-top like Foster Langsdorf and Corey Baird. Whether or not that makes any difference remains to be seen. The Stanford defense anchored in goal by Andrew Thomas and backs Beason, Adam Mosharrafa, Ryan Ludwick, and Andrew Aprahamian has allowed a total of only eleven goals while posting twelve shutouts."

Wake Forest Demon Deacon fan quzybuk:

"Please destroy these anti-fun Mourinho wannabes. For America."

If you don't know the José Mourinho reference, you better axe somebody!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Mourinho

https://www.sfchronicle.com/collegesports/article/Tanner-Beason-anchors-defense-as-Stanford-pursues-13432739.php

nice to see a major paper like the san francisco paper giving coverage to college soccer

Stanford has been the 8 or 9 seed...each of the past several years....

they figure it out during the season....(just like the zips do)...and are brutally tough on defense when it comes to tournament time

1 hour ago, fknbuflobo said:

DEFENDING CHAMPION THREE F*****G YEARS RUNNING!

Stanford play for the draw, hoping to go to PKs, thereby choking the very life out of NCAA Soccer. 

Lest you forget, Jeremy Gunn's previous coaching job was at Charlotte in 2011. 

Remember that?  Zips really owe this guy - big time.

https://www.collegesoccernews.com/i...lite-eight-contests-the-road-to-santa-barbara

"Redshirt freshman forward Zach Ryan (9g, 3a), senior forward Amir Bashti (7g, 6a) and junior back Tanner Beason (7g, 5a), the Pac-12 Player of the Year, power a very good but not necessarily vintage Stanford attack that has produced a total of thirty-one goals. This team does not have a Jordan Morris or a duo up-top like Foster Langsdorf and Corey Baird. Whether or not that makes any difference remains to be seen. The Stanford defense anchored in goal by Andrew Thomas and backs Beason, Adam Mosharrafa, Ryan Ludwick, and Andrew Aprahamian has allowed a total of only eleven goals while posting twelve shutouts."

Wake Forest Demon Deacon fan quzybuk:

"Please destroy these anti-fun Mourinho wannabes. For America."

If you don't know the José Mourinho reference, you better axe somebody!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Mourinho

No Langsdorf or Baird? This is gonna be a cake walk. 

3-1 Zips. 

• Haha 1