NCAA Tournament

Unbelievable. Someone tell Michigan this is how you do a revenge tour. The College Cup should be held in Santa Barbara every year. The UCSB students were great to the Zips last time. Get those tortillas flying. ;-) Thank God it didn't come down to PK's.

Edited by MDZip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Three out of four years to the College Cup. I'd have given that a zero chance after Porter left. Hats off to Embick and the entire team. Maryland and Indiana in one semifinal and the Zips get the winner of Michigan State-JMU tomorrow. I like the chances for a second star!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Three out of four years to the College Cup. I'd have given that a zero chance after Porter left. Hats off to Embick and the entire team. Maryland and Indiana in one semifinal and the Zips get the winner of Michigan State-JMU tomorrow. I like the chances for a second star!!

Where's stat man? Akron record vs. big 10? 

5 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

Where's stat man? Akron record vs. big 10? 

Well this year it was 1-0-1 (if you count the exhibition tie against Indiana) so for the regular season just the win against Michigan State - which is the point I believe that turned the Zips season around. Man how critical has Marcel Zajac been to this run and this team?

Edited by MDZip

So proud of this team. They hung together and got the train rolling after the WVU loss. The coaching staff was fantastic proving coaching does matter and excuses are not an option. I wish someone would describe what the watch party was like and how attendance was. I'll bet ME87 and VA Zip are making plans for Santa Barbara. I really enjoyed watching the game with you two and the Nanchoffs at Wake. More so I enjoyed closing the bar at Wake with the coaches and former players. Hope to do it after wins in Santa Barbara.

So proud!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MDZip said:

This will be Akron's fifth appearance in the College Cup in the past ten years. UNC has four appearances. Nobody else has more than three.

• Like 6