NCAA Tournament

I would prefer a new football coach but the salary can't be cut if we are to get a good one. I realize you, like all of us, want to keep Jared for a long while. I believe we will. He could have gone to Ohio State earlier this year but he loves Akron. He is loyal and only asks for a fair salary and the autonomy to run a top 5 program. Williams, to his credit, has given him that and Jared likes working for LW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I wonder how it was at the Watch Party. I'm surprised they didn't do a Facebook Live feed for a minute or two.

The watch party was awesome. If you’re local and couldn’t travel to Stanford, it was the best place to be. Cheering and celebrating with other Zips fans. Zips Athletics put up some videos on their Instagram. Well done and many thanks UA!!!

1 minute ago, Zip_ME87 said:

The watch party was awesome. If you’re local and couldn’t travel to Stanford, it was the best place to be. Cheering and celebrating with other Zips fans. Zips Athletics put up some videos on their Instagram. Well done and many thanks UA!!!

Many thanks to UA!  They definitely got this one right.  Perfect!

https://gostanford.com/news/2018/11/30/mens-soccer-someone-else-this-year.aspx

"They're a fantastic team and you can't afford to give them a head start," Knowles Family Director of Men's Soccer Jeremy Gunn said of Akron. "They settled into the game better than we did, they got the early goal and were going to be more confident the rest of the game. They deserve to be going to the final four and we congratulate them for it. We fought back, we gave it everything we had and then they scored a great goal to end it."

"You can't argue for a more exciting game," Gunn said. "It had everything you needed. We just fell short to a very good team on the night. I thought our boys fought incredibly and when we got to 2-2 we looked good. Absolute credit to Akron, though. They settled the game down again and the goal they scored was fantastic."

1 minute ago, Ham said:

With all the pig skin championship games this weekend, that third goal should still be in the top 10 highlights! ESPN make room for it.

:thumb: Including the entire build up!!! :bow:

There is a college soccer talk board on big soccer.com.  There are many people on that board that know 200 times more about soccer than I do.

There is one man...who is an ACC and Virginia fan...that has incredible knowledge about college soccer.  The man is not a fan of the Stanford rough style soccer.   His comments about Coach Embick are spot on.

This man's comments this morning are below in bold

On behalf of all of us who don't like PKs at the College Cup, thank you!

Also, congratulations. There was a time this season when the NCAA Tournament seemed in doubt so this is really impressive.

And hats off to Jared Embick, who has now taken Akron to the College Cup three times in four seasons. That's a very impressive accomplishment and one Caleb Porter, Ken Lolla and Steve Parker never did.

I don't think Akron fans revere Embick yet the way they do some of their former coaches. Perhaps that should change.

The one thing that former AD Tom Wistrcil did right in his UA tenure was hire Jared Embick as Caleb Porter's successor. So glad we followed the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mantra. Our Zips Men's Soccer program is reaping the rewards. 

I also love the comment on BigSoccer.com from our very own buflobo...

"Our long national nightmare is over. You are welcome." [referring to Stanford's run of College Cup Championships.]

:bow: Well said my friend!