NCAA Tournament

1 minute ago, Zip_ME87 said:

He is friend with Zips Men’s Soccer alum Steve Zakuani and has played in Steve’s charity game. I actually think he’s pretty cool these days. 

Didn't realize he and Zakuani are close. Yeah, he has definitely toned it down a bit. Still hard for him to shed his previous persona when you grew up watching him play football. Haha. 

29 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Didn't realize he and Zakuani are close. Yeah, he has definitely toned it down a bit. Still hard for him to shed his previous persona when you grew up watching him play football. Haha. 

It has been repeated numerous times by many different people that Chad Johnson’s favorite sport is soccer, always has been.

Second point is that I am not certain if Steve Zakuani has ever met a stranger.?

50 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I'm not sure that is a good idea.

Point taken.  I can see it either way.  I trust that the welfare of the students was paramount in making that decision.  

So much in education, in our general society, can now be done remotely.  I have worked from home more times than I can count. 

Is added travel good for the team?  Is there value in being home for 72 hours before departing again?  I don't know what the guidelines are on that.

• Like 1

So: is anyone going to be joining me in the stands here in Santa Barbara???

I was out running errands this morning wearing my Zips 2010 College Cup T-shirt when I a woman I walked past said "Go Zips!" I turned around and said "Yes, go Zips!" Turns out they (she was with her husband) were soccer fans in general, and knew that the Zips had beat Stanford yesterday. They'd been rooting for Stanford for the sake of the College Cup attendance; it's true that a Stanford appearance would have brought in many locals with Stanford connections, and travelers down from the Bay Area. So I hope Akron can get as many fans out here as possible!

34 minutes ago, SBZipfan said:

I was out running errands this morning wearing my Zips 2010 College Cup T-shirt when I a woman I walked past said "Go Zips!" I turned around and said "Yes, go Zips!" Turns out they (she was with her husband) were soccer fans in general, and knew that the Zips had beat Stanford yesterday. They'd been rooting for Stanford for the sake of the College Cup attendance; it's true that a Stanford appearance would have brought in many locals with Stanford connections, and travelers down from the Bay Area. So I hope Akron can get as many fans out here as possible!

I will be there.

1 hour ago, fknbuflobo said:

Point taken.  I can see it either way.  I trust that the welfare of the students was paramount in making that decision.  

So much in education, in our general society, can now be done remotely.  I have worked from home more times than I can count. 

Is added travel good for the team?  Is there value in being home for 72 hours before departing again?  I don't know what the guidelines are on that.

I do recognize the academic side of this, but 4 cross country flights in a week is a lot to ask and compete for a national championship. Oh well, they're young. I pretty much agree with your points, though.

6 hours ago, SBZipfan said:

I will be there with a former Zip from Charlotte and one from Phoenix. I understand ME_87 will also be in attendance. We need to have a pub for a pregame Zip rally. If the university doesn't set one up it will far on your shoulders being a local. We will be counting on you :bow:  :thumb:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SBZipfan said:

I'm in - just bought my flights. Seen the Zips in Cary, NC, Philadelphia and Santa Barbara in the College Cup and enjoyed the UCSB trip the most. I'm not sure exactly why ;-)